Open letter to the Moderators of the Colorado Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thayne

I also concur, that post is no less relevant now than then.
It is human nature to not realize EVERYTHING is always changing; be grateful that this big bunch of info is available.
Before it was so fragmented, like here in Colo Phil was the "Man with the plan." If you wanted to know something you had to call or visit somebody. Go somewhere else and it would be a closed book until you found your way around.
On top of that, add in the eccentricities of most "Radioheads" (me included); then add in big doses of ego, imagined sardonic wit, (and in my own case, overbearing cynicism) and you have a doozie of a recipe--:twisted: For sure, counting to 10 is a good idea---

cstockmyer

Well thanks to Jeffery and a few others.
ththreadjacked.gif

But it also goes to show the moderators don't give a rats ass about what goes on in our forum. Sad.

ch40n1k

cstockmyer said:
Well thanks to Jeffery and a few others.
ththreadjacked.gif

But it also goes to show the moderators don't give a rats ass about what goes on in our forum. Sad.

Take a walk. Play an online game. Jesus dude.

Dra-Mat-ic ... gimme a break. It's a forum for gods sake. Not ... life. Are you really that bored?

Take what's here and use it to your advantage. If you don't like it, go somewhere else, I do. No one said you had to use RR as your primary resource.
I have questions about the way stuff is updated ... but it never occurred to me to compose a letter to the mods ... or even start a thread *****ing about a really decent resource. One that wouldn't be here without VOLUNTEERS that help with updating databases.

Every forum has trolls. Ignore them. Filter the crap and find what you need, or move on. No "Dear John" necessary.

If you pay for the service, and aren't getting what you want, stop paying and program your scanner without "web import". The talkgroup info is publicly available, you don't need RR for the information.

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I'm not knocking the OP's request but has anyone PM'd the DB Admin when a change has occurred which is questionable?

Also, a majority of the DB Admin are not Moderators. Being a DB Admin does not bring Moderator privileges.

jfab

ch40n1k said:
Take a walk. Play an online game. Jesus dude.

Dra-Mat-ic ... gimme a break. It's a forum for gods sake. Not ... life. Are you really that bored?

Take what's here and use it to your advantage. If you don't like it, go somewhere else, I do. No one said you had you had to use RR as your primary resource.
I have questions about the way stuff is updated ... but it never occurred to me to compose a letter to the mods ... or even start a thread *****ing about a really decent resource. One that wouldn't be here without VOLUNTEERS that help with updating databases.

Every forum has trolls. Ignore them. Filter the crap and find what you need, or move on. No "Dear John" necessary.

If you pay for the service, and aren't getting what you want, stop paying and program your scanner without "web import". The talkgroup info is publicly available, you don't need RR for the information.
Preach it brotha preach it! Although, I dont think Charles is the one wrong in this situation...

Anywho, What about that thread/sub forum we were talking about?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks,

The RadioReference.com Database is a platform for managing user submissions - and as such if you see problems with information that was posted into the database, then submit it as such. If we have conflicts between two different submitters then it would be the responsibility of the database administrator to probably just ask folks here for direction.

I'm not going to change our database "administration" policy to have just the Colorado stuff be run through a different workflow and process.

You guys obviously feel this is a useful platform since you participate here- so use it for what it was intended to be used for. I tire quickly of folks who bash the database, bash the forums, bash the moderators, bash the process, bash the accuracy. you can either be a productive member of this web site and contribute in a clear and concise way, or you can go somewhere else, it is that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.