Open Mic in Sonoma Co., CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdicello

Since this afternoon, whoever supplies the feed for REDCOM (fire, EMS) in Sonoma County, CA has been inadvertently streaming audio of ambient sounds in their home. I can hear tehm talking and watching TV, etc.

I sent them an e-mail thru the site but it is still going on.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Sadly, it goes from interesting to nothing.... I guess like monitoring Pub. Safety. :)

I just hope he gets it figured out before something happens we all tease him for...

Not to mention keep the archives of :D

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Classic.
Still broadcasting audio from a mic. Wait til his wife/gf finds out...

This is why feed providers should check their own feeds at least once a day. Just sayin' :lol:

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
OMG I posted in ca forum and got someone to call him last time! oh-well, guess he "thought" he fixed it.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Come to think of it, I've never heard any scanner traffic in the background hmmmm....

I'm a little bummed I let my prem. sub. expire now... No archives :)

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
With my laptop volume at max, I can occasionally hear something breaking squelch, but the volume is so low, it's hard to tell what it is.

Going through the archives, it sounds like it was working correctly as recently as this afternoon...

Last edited:

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Ya, I finally heard some right after I posted. (First time in maybe 3hrs. of total listening)

I nearly edited, but figured oh-well (then again, maybe he's taking requests ;) )

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
i nearly edited, but figured oh-well (then again, maybe he's taking requests ;) )

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...I'm sorry - the first thing that came into my head when I read that was the stereotypical adult film music theme from the 70s.

Last edited:

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
You know, someone should really do a "War of the Worlds" type thing on their feed one of these days!

Friends could come over and play diff. squads, wife could be disp. and so on.....

Oh-well, I think they turned in :( I probably should too.

Have a great night!

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...I'm sorry - the first thing that came into my head when I read that was the stereotypical adult film music theme from the 70s.

My biggest fear was he was going to use the computer for 'adult surfing" while we listened

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Just for future ref. I can shoot you a message? Sorry, I, and others, tried everything the first time to get it pulled.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
No problem.

I would had gotten to it earlier but it got put off in the back somewhere and forgot all about it :D

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
No, I believe it was a line in/input issue. You, if you tried hard enough, could hear the scanner in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.