open mic tipton county

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9ksb

it seems to happen around the weekend on our fire dispatch channel it can be heard around the county except @ dispatch its on freq 154.9800 its totally blocking my dispatch out on pagers and radios but not on the 800mhz is anyone else picking this up

A

Agentblack

does tipton's radio network have LID's or is it too old for that?

k9ksb

not sure on what LIDs are so i couldnt tell u if we did or not but our dispatch center is fairly new and high tech

A

Agentblack

not sure on what LIDs are so i couldnt tell u if we did or not but our dispatch center is fairly new and high tech

LID's are the identifier of the radio when they key up on the TRS.. i.e if you are windfall engine 1 (i dunno their numbers) your LID could be WINDE1 or something so the dispatcher knows who they are talking to other than just voice.

k9ksb

ok i think i know what ur going with on lids the 154.9800 is just old vhf we also are on the new safet system which we have lids

A

Agentblack

oh, well in that case, you may be out of luck unless you call the FCC and inform them there is a station interfering with your station. Im there theres more than a few FCC undercover people in the metro area that could assist you.

K9WG

Or you could contact your local ham club. I am sure there are some hams in your area that have direction finding capabilities that would love the hunt....

W9NES

Sounds like Morgan County Fire on 154.370. They have the same problem.Someone has a open mic and you hear a man and a woman taking in the background.After 5 to 10 minutes the problem goes away

Status
Not open for further replies.