• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Opening PPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawnCowboy

So I emailed, got info, downloaded, opened, entered some data, saved it... left open on computer, house electric went out. Go to restart software, WHERE IS IT? lol See no quick links in program bar on Win7. Do a search, find it in VTRoot off of the C:\ (main hdd). Click on app and it gets blocked from antivirus software. Unblock, cool, I'm moving now, get the login screen. Type admin, admin... not correct login!?!? Did I put in info for another login when I started playing with it? Confused.

jim202

So I emailed, got info, downloaded, opened, entered some data, saved it... left open on computer, house electric went out. Go to restart software, WHERE IS IT? lol See no quick links in program bar on Win7. Do a search, find it in VTRoot off of the C:\ (main hdd). Click on app and it gets blocked from antivirus software. Unblock, cool, I'm moving now, get the login screen. Type admin, admin... not correct login!?!? Did I put in info for another login when I started playing with it? Confused.

Don't you think it would help just a little, to tell the group just which software program your playing with?

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I'm assuming since it's in the Unication Forum and the thread topic is "Opening PPS" one can make a logical conclusion as to what he is referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

k3sls

Premium Subscriber
I'm assuming since it's in the Unication Forum and the thread topic is "Opening PPS" one can make a logical conclusion as to what he is referring to.

Except there are at least eight different PPS apps for the various pager models…

For the OP…you may want to remove and reinstall…and hope it removes any stored password.

KM4WLV

I had a somewhat similar issue with the G1 PPS. I was in the middle of writing a new codeplug and got dispatched for a call. I didn't have my laptop plugged in & wound up being gone longer than I thought I would be. Got home and of course my laptop battery was dead. No big deal, plugged in and Windows resumed. The G1 PPS was closed and I wasn't to worried because I hadn't put much work in to the codeplug so starting over wasn't horrible. But sometimes when I would try to open PPS I would get some random error, or when it would start I couldn't log in with the admin, admin login credentials you'd normally use. The only way I could fix it was to uninstall it and then redownload it from the Unication USA website.

LawnCowboy

My fault for not being more specific. G4... Will try to reinstall and see what happens after saving the main folder I found just incase it wants to loose my data I spent time loading. I haven't looked but is that in a specific folder?

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
For the G5 I always export my file and save it in "My Documents." I've had several times where I juts could get PPS to open and had to uninstall and reinstall.

LawnCowboy

Where is the PPS?

Since reinstalling yesterday, haven't closed the PPS app yet. I'm still not seeing a quick link in my start menu (even under folders or programs) or on my desktop (Win7). I recall it saying -default, it would do that. I also watched closer as it reinstalled and it said it would install the program under the C:\Unication.....etc file folder. I do not see that either.

dhalbasch

Premium Subscriber
Path

C:\Unication\G_Series_PPS_V00-03-05_Beta07\G_Series_PPS_V00-03-05_Beta07.exe

This is the default path for my desktop, hope this helps.

Dennis

LawnCowboy

Thanks. Knew it said it put it under C:\, but for some reason, it's putting it in a folder VTRoot\HarddiskVolume2. It seems to be a problem with my antivirus/internet security software, Comodo... putting it in a sandbox safety area.... (sigh)

Status
Not open for further replies.