Opening screen for sds100/200

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougjgray

I found these instructions to replace the opening screen, I did not have one but I do know,. In case you didn't know here are the instructions:

To Change Opening Graphic Boot Screen For The SDSX00 Scanners
Can be a any color image but changed to...

SDS100 the Image must be 240 x 320 Must be a 24 bit bitmap

SDS200 the Image must be 480 x 320 Must be a 24 bit bitmap

Has to be correct size, change the extension/file to .bmp file renamed/named to 'opening' and the file placed
in the Scanner's SD card, in the BCDx36HP Folder.

To change back to the original opening just delete the file you put in the folder and restart the scanner.

The above can be done with windows paint.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I found these instructions to replace the opening screen, I did not have one but I do know,. In case you didn't know here are the instructions:

To Change Opening Graphic Boot Screen For The SDSX00 Scanners
Can be a any color image but changed to...

SDS100 the Image must be 240 x 320 Must be a 24 bit bitmap

SDS200 the Image must be 480 x 320 Must be a 24 bit bitmap

Has to be correct size, change the extension/file to .bmp file renamed/named to 'opening' and the file placed
in the Scanner's SD card, in the BCDx36HP Folder.

To change back to the original opening just delete the file you put in the folder and restart the scanner.

The above can be done with windows paint.
I use my name and phone number for my Opening screen on my 100 LOL. Seems like the best place to put it.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Years ago, I was directed to a website that had a voice morph program where you would say a phrase and choose different character voices and save the recording in .wav format. I still have that folder somewhere, with the HAL computer voice and a digitized deep voice that I applied to my Windows opening on my desktop. I read here somewhere that you could do the same with a .wav file for a scanner, but not sure if it was SDS100 or the TRX-1. I want to say TRX-1 but not 100% positive. That would be cool if it was compatible.

JD
kf4anc

gdaykoloa

Premium Subscriber
Frustratingly, despite having an image of exactly the right characteristics, my SDS100 isn't showing it. Don't suppose anyone has an image that they know works so I can review the finer details of the BMP I've got?

dougjgray

I was able to do it on my sds200, I took a jpg and sized in paint and saved it as 24 bit color bitmap 'opening.bmp' and it worked.

tumegpc

Years ago, I was directed to a website that had a voice morph program where you would say a phrase and choose different character voices and save the recording in .wav format. I still have that folder somewhere, with the HAL computer voice and a digitized deep voice that I applied to my Windows opening on my desktop. I read here somewhere that you could do the same with a .wav file for a scanner, but not sure if it was SDS100 or the TRX-1. I want to say TRX-1 but not 100% positive. That would be cool if it was compatible.

JD
kf4anc
Whistler scanners can do audio files.

Houdini7

Premium Subscriber
Here's a link to an old post of mine that includes an image that I made that works.

opening-png.68510

SDS200 opening graphic

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
I tried this. Didn't work at first. Until I re-read it and noticed you had to name the file opening.bmp
Once I saved it as that, it worked. THANKS!

tvengr

Well Known Member
I use my name and phone number for my Opening screen on my 100
I do the same with all of my scanners. If I should ever lose it, the person finding it would know where to return it. I put in the name of the fire company whenever I program a scanner for a firefighter for that same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.