Openmhz.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
OpenMHz is just a platform for volunteers to send their trunked system audio to, they don't "drop" anyone. Most likely whoever was hosting that system is either a) having some trouble on their end or b) decided to stop providing the audio.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
Openmhz, like broadcastify, gets its feed from people who send them audio voluntarily without compensation. Volunteers are at no obligation to provide audio to the service, and thus to you. The volunteer likely had technical difficulties or decided they no longer wish to do it.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
SDRTrunk used to update every month or so, but been quite since last oct last year, I guess been busy. Tho many people have expressed desire to help the project

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
SDRTrunk used to update every month or so, but been quite since last oct last year, I guess been busy. Tho many people have expressed desire to help the project
Well, Denny has kept the project 100% open source, so there's no excuse for anyone who has claimed that they want to help, but haven't actually done so.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
Looks like it's back on Openmhz.

Anyone know when SDRTrunk will add Openmhz support?
Add Support for OpenMHZ · Issue #1027 · DSheirer/sdrtrunk

Saw that but it'd be nice to upload to multiple platforms in the event one isn't working, without having to run additional equipment and software.

Maybe trunk-recorder, but haven't looked at that yet.

Trunk Recorder is made by the same person who runs openmhz so it will work with that site. It's linux only though. I've been using it for more than a year now and its been fantastic, but I do not upload to any streaming sites. After using it for a year now I cannot see going back to a conventional scanner.

Imago

I'd like to just be able to connect my shoutcast/icecast compatible source to openMHZ and have it do the rest. I tried clicking on About US for more information and it just says "miss". one reason i guess i don't stream to anywhere is i dont filter what i capture and im not going to try so it stays self hosted forever just for me

Status
Not open for further replies.