OpenSpot3

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiomankc

Hello, I purchased an OpenSpot3 last year when they first became available. Put it in a box when I moved and just pulled it back out today.

it seems like the reflectors have changed so much. Can’t seem to get the right configuration now. Basically, I want to connect to a solid reflector that allows me to talk to USA only, nationwide or an equivalent active connection.
Does anyone have a screenshot of their config or tell me what I should set the settings to?

Thank you in advance!

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
The openSPOT3 supports nationwide and local operation using DMR, Fusion, D-STAR, and other digital voice modes. Which one(s) are you planning on using?

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Since your primary interest is DMR what you are referring to are "talkgroups" rather than reflectors. And when you use a hotspot you have not only the setup of the hotspot to consider, but also the codeplug in your DMR radio. The decision for the hotspot will be which talkgroups you want to have static vs. dynamic (if any). Your radio can activate via PTT any talkgroup as dynamic on the hotspot. Best place to start is the SharkRF openSPOT manual found here: openSPOT3 user manual · GitBook

radiomankc

Thank you. Radio working well with OpenSpot. Just can’t seem to get connected to a reflector that has active traffic.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Most active are TG 91 (Worldwide English) and US Nationwide (TG3100). Also, check the statewide TG for your state.

Status
Not open for further replies.