Operating two scanners on one antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
I have decided to buy a new Uniden BCD996XT on Monday and would like to get some input on what I should get to connect my Diamond D-130 Discone antenna with Belden cable and two scanners at the same time? I would like something that is low loss and not to expensive?I have a PL-259 Male connector coming in from the Antenna? I don't want to do any soldering if possible I am not very good at it but I know the more adapters you have the more the signal loss.. And also if you could suggest where to get it from I would appreciate it.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
You will, at best, cut the signal in half to each scanner. No something-for-nothing.

Use of a suitable splitter will do the job, but unless it's an amplified splitter, you take the 3db loss automatically from splitting the signal.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
Although we'd like them to be folks new to the site aren't always proficient in searching. Heck, this forum has rocks to look under that I don't even know about. Welcome tnbound.

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the lead to the sticky I did not see it it answered my question though.

n5ims

Glad the sticky answered your question. Sorry my other post was so terse and not as friendly as I'd liked it to have been. Too many long nights in a row must've made me more tired than I had thought.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I have decided to buy a new Uniden BCD996XT on Monday and would like to get some input on what I should get to connect my Diamond D-130 Discone antenna with Belden cable and two scanners at the same time? I would like something that is low loss and not to expensive?I have a PL-259 Male connector coming in from the Antenna? I don't want to do any soldering if possible I am not very good at it but I know the more adapters you have the more the signal loss.. And also if you could suggest where to get it from I would appreciate it.

If you can find one at RadioShack, you could use a UHF/VHF/FM splitter and some F-style connectors to make a cheaper alternative to a Strindberg multicoupler. Grove enterprises also sells something similar for just this reason: Multicouplers, Splitters

Status
Not open for further replies.