Operation Viper @ O'hare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was driving by O'Hare on 8/25 and at the entrance to the south cargo area off Irving Park there was what I believe to be a roadside safety check. Every single vehicle was being stopped and when I passed around 5:15p there were at least 15 cars/trucks lined up. This involved Customs,ICC Police & DOA Police. A DOA officer even stopped someone exiting the airport. I quickly turned on the airport public safety TRS and heard the DOA officer say that his stop was part of oper. Viper - anyone know if this was a regular operation or something special.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I live about ten minutes from the boundaries of O'Hare airport and can tell you that VIPER Operations are on going probably until a few weeks past 9/11. A lot of the radio traffic is in the clear you just have to search, as this is a active operation dealing with homeland security and the feds I have chosen not to post any frequency info at this time. after the operation raps up I will post a full report on what agencies and frequencies are being utilized if possible, im worried about putting to much info on the web. On the same note I have had my Home Patrol with the Extreme Update running discovery mode on the vhf fed band for 3 days now and will have my second home patrol up and running discovery mode for the UHF fed band tonight or tomorrow when ever time permits and also using trunk88 to log the O'Hare 800 MHz TRS so I will have very detailed logs on everything available after the operation is complete.

I hope this answers some questions and helps a little,
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.