Operational help BC15x

Status
Not open for further replies.

norcalbusa

Nice website- I joined a long time ago, but just started reading more lately.

I picked up a new 15x, and it seems like a cool scanner and its going to be mounted in my truck most of the time. Programming is easy, and since where I am there isn't much trunked, I use it conventionally for everything.

What I am having trouble figuring out, is the Quick Key feature. I'm so used to having banks, I think it has muddled my perspective or something. I'm having trouble understanding how I can easily add or delete "banks" to use my vernacular. For example, let's say I make the system level a county, then the groups under that county are Law, Fire, Medic. I've assigned the County quick key 30, and the groups 1, 2 and 3. Take me through how I can tell what is being scanned, what's not and how to scan and not scan the entire system or a group within a certain system.

Many thanks!

clanusb

I have the regular 15. I have mine set up in the similar manner you are explaining. for example my set is the following. Major systems are banks, the groups under each system i have set up so i hit the func knob then a button to turn them on or off.
Bank 1. Sac County. Group 1: Fire; Group 2: Hospitals: Group 3; Elk Grove Police; Groups4-6: Sacramento County Sheriff.
Bank 2. Sacramento City. Group 1: City Fire. Group 2: Sac City PD.

Depending on what display option you have selected, it should show a * for every bank you have programmed. (thats if the bank is turned off. if the bank is on it will show its number.) Same thing for the groups when you press the Func knob.

the other banks are just various random conventional channels. You have to assign the groups a number under the "edit group" menu.

hope this helps.

Last edited:

norcalbusa

That does help. Tomorrow I'm going to load a simple dummy profile I just whipped up- and just fiddle to get them active, deactive and back and forth. I get the sense, once I can see it working and make changes (on a simple, 2 system map) the light will come on a bit. I'll post back up after. I must say, the Uniden documentation is rather poor- but I'll get past that once I figure thing thing out.

clanusb

i agree. it could use some work.

just think of it in steps, i like to be organized.

1. System A (Quick Key 1main screen)
A. Group 1 (Quick Key 1 while under the Func button)
B. Group 2 (Quick Key 2 while under the Func button)
2. System B (Quick Key 2 main screen)
A. Group 1 (Quick Key 1 while under the Func button)
B. Group 2 (Quick Key 2 while under the Func button)
etc....

Just keep in mind that, you need to make sure that the groups you want are indeed turned on. the scanner will show scanning system...(even if the groups are turned off).
Also...if you have multiple systems with groups assigned under them scanning at the same time...when the scanner displays the current system and you hit the func button, it will pop it into func mode only for that system. You cant edit system B groups while its scanning system A. is that clear?

norcalbusa

Do you leave the "System number: x" as part of the system name? I think that might be what is confusing me, I didn't, so when I see a system name I created, it's no assigned to a system number...

Status
Not open for further replies.