Opinion of the Diamond rh77ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingzogofalbania

Premium Subscriber
For my GRE PSR 800 I wanted an antenna other that the rubber duckie it came with ,,, and I didnt want to end up with three or four additional antennas ... so I chose one: the Diamond rh77ca ... was this a good pick?
In what way will it give me more satisfying listening ... clearer reception, more stations, better in remote areas? Are there particular freqs it is superior in?
Im just getting started in this hobby, needless to say.
Thanks in advance.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
That was one of the best antennas I ever owned. It did well for me on low band VHF, particularly good on VHF/UHF air bands and not bad on the 500- 800 TRS systems. My only gripe was the length but you can't have everything.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
I use it for scanning and ham radio transmiting and it peforms great on both.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Rh77ca

For my GRE PSR 800 I wanted an antenna other that the rubber duckie it came with ,,, and I didnt want to end up with three or four additional antennas ... so I chose one: the Diamond rh77ca ... was this a good pick?
In what way will it give me more satisfying listening ... clearer reception, more stations, better in remote areas? Are there particular freqs it is superior in?
Im just getting started in this hobby, needless to say.
Thanks in advance.

Hey King

I've owned this antenna for about a year now and it really increases performance compared to the stock antennas. The agencies that were "scratchy" to me before are now "loud & clear." I live in a remote area and could really tell a big difference in reception when I installed it. As the other poster mentioned it is very superior in the VHF & UHF ranges and also it is a little lengthy so using it on-the-go sometimes is a challenge. Only suspicion I had at first was how much of a strain it was going to be on the BNC connectors but so far no problems.

73s and hope this helps

Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.