Opinions needed, Franklin county Sheriff (OH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baj76

Uniden fanboy
What control channels do I use to monitor Franklin county sheriff site 61 or site 10? I was told if i use site 61 i would miss a lot of transmission, Thank You

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
What control channels do I use to monitor Franklin county sheriff site 61 or site 10? I was told if i use site 61 i would miss a lot of transmission, Thank You
Franklin Simulcast works well site 61
They are on 10 as well but it depends on how the radios affiliate

Reactions: wdz

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
You are welcome, that whole area is complicated, 3 separate simulcasts, and can be a challenge

ohiodesperado

From what I understand FCSO radios are programmed currently to prefer site 10.
So it depends on what you are wanting to listen to.
The non-public safety (not the SO) is on the FC system, which consists of 1 two site simulcast Site 61
Then there is the Discovery 64, Bixby 62 and Darby 63 (in Madison CO) that make up the FC system sites.
Those are gonna have the engineers and the rest of the FC folks on them.

I can't tell you what's going on with the fire departments, but I believe they are ALL on site 10 including the ones that are dispatched by MECC but don't hold me to that.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
From what I understand FCSO radios are programmed currently to prefer site 10.
So it depends on what you are wanting to listen to.
The non-public safety (not the SO) is on the FC system, which consists of 1 two site simulcast Site 61
Then there is the Discovery 64, Bixby 62 and Darby 63 (in Madison CO) that make up the FC system sites.
Those are gonna have the engineers and the rest of the FC folks on them.

I can't tell you what's going on with the fire departments, but I believe they are ALL on site 10 including the ones that are dispatched by MECC but don't hold me to that.

Fire departments (except for the NRECC departments) are all on Site 10, although the west/southwest departments (Jackson, Pleasant and Prairie) are on Discovery and/or Darby virtually all of the time as is Grove City PD. The sheriff and suburb police agencies also have access to all of the Franklin County sites (61,62,63,64) and can roam to them as needed. When I left Franklin County two years ago dispatch west and dispatch east were set up in the system to always show up on site 61 (in addition to site 10 if they were affiliated there). The sheriff southwest units frequently pop up on site 63 and 64, while Madison Twp, Groveport etc often pop up on site 62.

Last edited:

amcferrin90

Premium Subscriber
Fire departments (except for the NRECC departments) are all on Site 10, although the west/southwest departments (Jackson, Pleasant and Prairie) are on Discovery and/or Darby virtually all of the time as is Grove City PD. The sheriff and suburb police agencies also have access to all of the Franklin County sites (61,62,63,64) and can roam to them as needed. When I left Franklin County two years ago dispatch west and dispatch east were set up in the system to always show up on site 61 (in addition to site 10 if they were affiliated there). The sheriff southwest units frequently pop up on site 63 and 64, while Madison Twp, Groveport etc often pop up on site 62.
Something I've noticed about the Groveport and maybe the Madison Twp PD units is that it sounds like their radios are going through another radio before going to the tower. I say this because their audio sounds conditioned when they transmit on the same SO25EAST channels. Do you know if they're using something like a convertacom? I don't remember the proper name for it.

baj76

Uniden fanboy
Sorry to bring this post back alive, But for what it's worth, The city sites (10) seem to work better for me ..Thanks for all the help and advice..RR is Awesome!

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Something I've noticed about the Groveport and maybe the Madison Twp PD units is that it sounds like their radios are going through another radio before going to the tower. I say this because their audio sounds conditioned when they transmit on the same SO25EAST channels. Do you know if they're using something like a convertacom? I don't remember the proper name for it.

No idea. Haven't worked for Franklin County since 2019, but before I left they were using ordinary radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.