OPP BEAT 3 Ottawa

VA2XDJ

I recently found OPP BEAT 3 (412.4625 MHz 107.2 Hz) to be active in Ottawa area with a solid/stable signal received from Gatineau. I never thought of programming this before to listen to. How long has this been active? I'm guessing it's for portables downtown and was most likely heavily used during the trucker protest last year? I don't know much about OPP's system configuration and only have an analog trunk tracker.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I recently found OPP BEAT 3 (412.4625 MHz 107.2 Hz) to be active in Ottawa area with a solid/stable signal received from Gatineau. I never thought of programming this before to listen to. How long has this been active? I'm guessing it's for portables downtown and was most likely heavily used during the trucker protest last year? I don't know much about OPP's system configuration and only have an analog trunk tracker.
Likely not coming out of Ottawa but one of the towns around the area that use OPP for policing. Should they be under contract for walking beats in downtown areas the BEAT makes it so they don't need to be within the repeater range of the car. Pembroke and Renfrew both have BEATS.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Likely not coming out of Ottawa but one of the towns around the area that use OPP for policing. Should they be under contract for walking beats in downtown areas the BEAT makes it so they don't need to be within the repeater range of the car. Pembroke and Renfrew both have BEATS.
Closest would be Carleton Place and it has
413.5375RM107.2 PLOPP BEAT01BEAT01 Repeater

What area was being broadcasted on this particular BEAT? Was it 2OPS37? Ottawa/Lanark? Kilo and November Units.

VA2XDJ

Closest would be Carleton Place and it has
413.5375RM107.2 PLOPP BEAT01BEAT01 Repeater

What area was being broadcasted on this particular BEAT? Was it 2OPS37? Ottawa/Lanark? Kilo and November Units.
I'm hearing "3 Kilo" units.

I'm in the Mont-Bleu area of Hull...

VA2XDJ

Is it possible this would be for either Rockland-Cumberland area or Prescott-Russell areas?

Also hearing "Echo" units.

VA2XDJ

Just head PTT Talk permit tone on unit 205.

Hearing a lot of calls for "Zero" units as well.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
83202080D2OPS07Hawkesbury 3H - 2OPS07Law Dispatch
Sounds like it would or should be the next area patrolled by the OPP directly East of the city. If that's the case it's likely rebroadcasting the detachment talkgroup which is 2OPS34 Russell County 3E/Hawkesbury 3H. That would make sense, I'm sure at times Ottawa OPP (Kilo units) would be patched in and that's why you heard them.

But the location of the repeater to be near downtown Ottawa? I don't know about that. Maybe somewhere East of the city?

Hawksbury has 413.5375 107.2 PL BEAT01 Repeater

Still seems a bit far though for you to even hear a BEAT Repeater to begin with. What's your elevation where you're at?

Last edited:

VA2XDJ

Sounds like it would or should be the next area patrolled by the OPP directly East of the city. If that's the case it's likely rebroadcasting the detachment talkgroup which is 2OPS34 Russell County 3E/Hawkesbury 3H. That would make sense, I'm sure at times Ottawa OPP (Kilo units) would be patched in and that's why you heard them.

But the location of the repeater to be near downtown Ottawa? I don't know about that. Maybe somewhere East of the city?

Hawksbury has 413.5375 107.2 PL BEAT01 Repeater

Still seems a bit far though for you to even hear a BEAT Repeater to begin with. What's your elevation where you're at?
My guess is ithas to be coming off the Grenville/Calumet tower along Highway 50 to provide that signal all the way to my Yaesu FT60. To be fair, I'm about 70ft up. Wide open line of sight to all the east.