OPP BEAT Info Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Yup, gone.

Since the BEAT repeaters aren't deployed in all areas of the province, they shouldn't be on the provincial page.

Instead, they will be listed in the appropriate community listing.

This eliminates a bunch of duplication in the database.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Yeah but there is no listing of all the beat repeaters freqs anymore so how will people know to put them in to see if they have them?

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
And really if we went by the not deployed in all area's thing, the media channels should go,

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Section 6.2.2 of the Database Admin Handbook covers Statewide (Provincewide) frequencies.

In general, a frequency with a given usage shall never be entered more than once in the database.
Exceptions may be made in limited cases where there is region-specific usage information for a frequency that is otherwise a “wide area” use frequency. Do not duplicate “wide area” use frequencies on multiple county pages.

Frequencies used by any state agency shall be listed on a state-level agency page. State agency frequencies (e.g., state police) shall not be entered on a county page (even if the state police frequency is only applicable to one county). State universities are not considered statewide agencies and shall be listed on the appropriate county page (in general, universities are treated as if they are cities in the database).

Frequencies that are used across multiple counties within a state shall generally be consolidated on a state-level agency page. For example, multi-county mutual aid entities that share frequencies shall be entered at the state- level, not on individual county pages. Don’t make more work for yourself – if it’s used in multiple counties don’t
enter it separately in each county!

So I've learned something from going over this. Apparently I was wrong and the BEAT frequencies should exist at the Provincewide level *but* the County level entries for the BEAT repeaters need to be deleted. I knew they shouldn't be duplicated but I picked the wrong level to delete them at.

It also looks as if the MNR frequencies should be deleted at the County level as well and reentered into the Provincewide level.

The Media Access Channels should also belong at the Provincewide level and any County listings should be deleted.

Looks like I've got some work to do.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Mike, If you can put a link on the county page that says there is a beat and point it to the province page. Anyone on the page would see it but it wouldn't be a dup in the database.

mciupa

The Area Specific listings with all the towns look great on the page. Now people can select off the menu the appropriate location.

Status
Not open for further replies.