OPP Central Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I am getting a chance to monitor the OPP detachements in the Central region, north of Toronto. I have figured out that Caledon 1 Sierra covers northern Peel and Dufferin units are called 1 November and they are patched woth another 1 Central detachment.

Could I ask anyone here to list all the 1 Central detachments, including the patches and the soft I'd detachement name.

IE Caledon 1 Sierra patched with MNR Romeo units.

I would really appreciate as much information with this as possible, it keeps me awake when we visit the mother in law in Mt. Albert and the Edgar tower keeps mentioning 1 Alpha and 1 Kilo.

Eric

ordnance

Premium Subscriber
Here are some from a list I found... Unverified as I don't get anything from that zone and patches aren't listed. Maybe someone else has something better.

1A - West Traffic
1B - Barrie
1C - Bracebridge
1D
1E - Haliburton
1F - Northumberland
1G - Huntsville
1H - Huronia
1I - Peterborough
1J - Kawartha Lakes
1K - Midland
1L - Nottawasaga
1M - Orillia
1N - Dufferin
1O - Collingwood
1P - MnJikaning

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber

Freebase

Nottawasaga (1 Lima) and Dufferin (1 November) are usually patched together and flip back and forth often between the two talkgroups.

Barrie (1 Bravo) and Midland (1 Kilo) seem to be patched together whenever I do listen to them.

I believe that Huronia (1 Hotel) and Collingwood (1 Oscar) are also often patched together.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I appreciate all the responces here. I am guessing that Nottawasaga is Simcoe Co areas such as Angus?

Midland 1 Kilo is I am guessing polices Midland. What other communities and towns would the OPP police and are the OPP responsible for general policing or just responsible for provincial highways?

And finally, I see South Georgian Bay's talkgroup on King City from time to time. Whereabouts is this jurisdiction and is this commonly patched with another detachement?

Thanks

Eric

Freebase

Nottawasaga's area is roughly Highway 9 in the south, Highway 27 to the east, but right to the 400 on Highway 89 except for Cookstown (South Simcoe Police area), Highway 90 to the north and Rosemont/Airport Road area to the west. They cover all policing in their area.

The city of Midland has it's own police force but they cannot be monitored as they use an Aegis system according to the database.

OPP in Midland is actually the Southern Georgian Bay detachment, but I'm not sure of the actual boundaries. This link to the OPP website shows a rough map of the Central Region detachment areas: Ontario Provincial Police

The 1 Alpha cars seem to be cars out of GHQ in Orillia that, among other duties, assist detachments when they are a bit short of officers. They aren't a part of the actual Orillia (1 Mike) detachment.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Is anyone able to update the links that I posted earlier in the thread?

I dont know what else there is to add; as for the MTO its hard to be sure because there has been very little snow down here for them to patrol.

I do hear the following OPP id's.

5 Tango-It seems they are gnerally in the GTA Highway area, maybe they float around like the Whiskey units.

6 Alpha or Alpha. I hear alpha units off the Brantford tower, it seems that I have heard these units when there is a Oxford car affiliating with Brantford. All the activity I heard is on the 401 & 403 in Brant or Oxford.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Are they not broken down into zones though? Example, look at how Eastern Region is broken down into detachment zones?

In terms of identifying zones, believe me when I say it takes a lot of listening to pin point the areas, listening to highway routes, streets, avenues, townships, regions etc..and determining where everyone is. It can be time consuming, but I find if you know you're geographical region pretty good, along with having something like google maps, it doesn't take too long to understand where what you're listening to is posted to.

I dont know what else there is to add; as for the MTO its hard to be sure because there has been very little snow down here for them to patrol.

I do hear the following OPP id's.

5 Tango-It seems they are gnerally in the GTA Highway area, maybe they float around like the Whiskey units.

6 Alpha or Alpha. I hear alpha units off the Brantford tower, it seems that I have heard these units when there is a Oxford car affiliating with Brantford. All the activity I heard is on the 401 & 403 in Brant or Oxford.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
This is a great find and a good starting point. Let's use these as an example.

It states that Southern Georgian Bay Detachment patrols Penetanguishene ; Tay ; Tiny ; Baxter Ward of Georgian Bay Twp.

Niagra Region patrols - Traffic enforcement and patrol on Provincial Highways - QEW (Fort Erie to 50 Road), #420, #3, #20 (a very small portion), #140, #58, #58A, #405, #406 and all tunnels in the Niagara Region.

Are they then broken down into there respective detachment zonez and what are they?

5Golf = Niagara
5G1xx
5G2xx

Etc...

Did a Google search and turned up the following: Links for just 2 off the detachments'

Some have more information than others.

Ontario Provincial Police, Niagara Detachment
Ontario Provincial Police. Southern Georgian Bay Detachment

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber

IdleMonitor said:
This is a great find and a good starting point. Let's use these as an example.

It states that Southern Georgian Bay Detachment patrols Penetanguishene ; Tay ; Tiny ; Baxter Ward of Georgian Bay Twp.

Niagra Region patrols - Traffic enforcement and patrol on Provincial Highways - QEW (Fort Erie to 50 Road), #420, #3, #20 (a very small portion), #140, #58, #58A, #405, #406 and all tunnels in the Niagara Region.

Are they then broken down into there respective detachment zonez and what are they?

5Golf = Niagara
5G1xx
5G2xx

Etc...

Did a Google search and turned up the following: Links for just 2 off the detachments'

Some have more information than others.

Ontario Provincial Police, Niagara Detachment
Ontario Provincial Police. Southern Georgian Bay Detachment

I understand what you are asking for. Some of the dispatchers here mention zones, some don't.

Also, there is so much activity going on here that a car for "zone 1" often has to travel as much as 50 km to cover for another zone and so forth.

I do have a few of the zones listed and I will try to figure out more of them while listening to the assigned soft I'd's.

Status
Not open for further replies.