OPP channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanthuyne

My scanner has stopped receiving the Southwest Ontario OPP (Norfolk) channels. Has something changed that I’m not aware of? It’s been offline since the beginning of September. I’ve have checked to make sure something hasn’t been deleted but all seems fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
What scanner and antenna are you using? If you hold on the frequency for the control channel, do you hear anything? (142.725 seems to be the control channel for the Norfolk area site)

32dave

Premium Subscriber
Start searching the freq's for the tower. That's how I found the new system in Oxford and start with the freq mentioned above. As of typing this Norfolk and Oxford are patched using TG 17328 on Oxford tower.

Vanthuyne

What scanner and antenna are you using? If you hold on the frequency for the control channel, do you hear anything? (142.725 seems to be the control channel for the Norfolk area site)
I have a Uniden Bearcat BCD996T which is connected to a outside antenna. Received the OPP just until a month ago. And I do have that frequency programmed in. I’m wondering if the talk group has changed?

Start searching the freq's for the tower. That's how I found the new system in Oxford and start with the freq mentioned above. As of typing this Norfolk and Oxford are patched using TG 17328 on Oxford tower.
I’m going have to start searching frequencies

ATCTech

Will the old 996T still provide audio if he's sitting on T/Gs 8368 (1OPS11) or 8432 (1OPS15) if those T/Gs are patched together, or does he need to add the patch ID (17328) to his radio's database?

There were many discussions here 'back in the day' when patchee were causing all kinds of grief with certain radios.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
The 996T does NOT track patched talkgroups. So if the patch moved to a different talkgroups simply listening to the one talkgroup won't work. Put the radio in ID SEARCH or program in the other talkgroups

Will the old 996T still provide audio if he's sitting on T/Gs 8368 (1OPS11) or 8432 (1OPS15) if those T/Gs are patched together, or does he need to add the patch ID (17328) to his radio's database?

Nope. You need to add the patched talkgroup

Vanthuyne

Thanks for the responses but I did figured it out. Cat managed to chew through the antenna cable. After I fixed that it’s up and running again. Didn’t think antenna because I was still receiving some analog stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.