OPP Detachment Maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
Anybody know if the OPP publishes Detachment coverage maps? For example i am looking to where the Burlington (5-Charlie) Detachment ends & the Niagara (5-Golf) Detachment begins.

also like in SD&G where the various ZONES are? ex: 3-INDIA-1XX. .3-INDIA-2XX. 3-INDIA-3XX etc..

thanks for any imput..

Kirk

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Other then listening to where units are responding too and mark it down and map it out yourself. Not too hard to figure out really if you understand maps, counties, cities, towns, regional municipalities, streets, hwy's, and roads etc... Certain units only respond regularly to there area. Does the OPP site not list jurisdictions?

kirk23

nope the opp site just lists the county..
as for the Niagara 5 G units for example.. i have heard them dispatched to the QEW in Burlington,, so trying to figure out where the cutoff point is..
i am in the montreal area so listeming and plotting the calls isn't an option for me. just would like to know for reference for when i am travelling .. like when i am in the Cornwall area and further west in Ontario towards Niagara Falls.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
as for the Niagara 5 G units for example.. i have heard them dispatched to the QEW in Burlington,, so trying to figure out where the cutoff point is..
i am in the montreal area so listeming and plotting the calls isn't an option for me. just would like to know for reference for when i am travelling .. like when i am in the Cornwall area and further west in Ontario towards Niagara Falls.

I know my region of eastern Ontario the 3 tango, foxtrot, mike is laid out in the Wikipedia in there respective zones. Some zones are townships, small towns, etc. one city is its own zone where as one twp is serviced by 2 detachments one for one half the other for the other half. Its just takes a lot of listening to narrow it down but it can be done. Just takes time.

kirk23

yup up in Renfrew the WIKI is well laid out & helped alot when i was up in Arnprior..Renfrew & Pembroke.. unfortunately SD&G has nothing it's all 3 INDIA & i think there are 5 or 6 zones.and they are all highway & rural Cornwall is the only town that still runs their own municipal police.. thanks for your imput

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
I found this one:

Last edited:

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber

PM me Kirk, I might have something you would like.

I will post my list of zones to the wiki at a later date.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Just to give you a sense of how it works in Burlington/Niagara. Anything west of Sir Winston Churchill on the QEW, Anything SW of the 403/Dundas exit are in Burlington zones.

The western border is the Highway 52 exit on the 403, between Hamilton and Brantford. The border of the QEW to the South I think is the 50 road exit or Fruitland, Highway 6 north is patrolled all the way into the Concession roads such as Con 12 in Flamborough. They also patrol Highway 5 (Dundas) from Clappisons Corners to points west and all of Highway 8 that remains under provincial patrol.

I have a pretty good list of the zones, dispatch dont always dispatch by zone thou.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
The pdf is good for knowing where all the detachments are, but I think what he's wanting to understand is what the zones are for each of his travels and where they're all mapped out for coverage. The problem is, the wiki isn't fully updated The detachments may be listed for places like the GTA etc., but the Zones aren't actually listed.

Ontario Provincial Police (ON) - The RadioReference Wiki

Central Region, only detachments are listed with there Ops channels, same with Northwest Region, Eastern region has only a few more zones to be mapped out along with some of the others...

I would think most OPP zones is formatted as such, Cities, Towns, Regional Municipalities, Townships, Highways (400/401/407/416/417 etc..) Etc.. Yes some may share or cross over into other areas depending on response needed otherwise, they would mostly be dispatched to there respective zones...

Listen to where the following usually get dispatched to and map it out. Like I said, it takes time, but it can be done.

1XX Zone 1 units
2XX Zone 2 units
3XX Zone 3 units
4XX Zone 4 units
5XX Zone 5 units
6XX Zone 6 units
7XX First Nation units

I found this one:

Last edited:

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Anybody know if the OPP publishes Detachment coverage maps? For example i am looking to where the Burlington (5-Charlie) Detachment ends & the Niagara (5-Golf) Detachment begins.

Generally speaking, the detachment coverage areas are dictated by political boundaries. That isn't always true, but for the most part it is a good rule of thumb.

In your specific example above, the border is Fifty Road, which is where Niagara Region begins, on the QEW.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.0.1483 Mobile Safari/537.10+)

IdleMonitor said:
The pdf is good for knowing where all the detachments are, but I think what he's wanting to understand is what the zones are for each of his travels and where they're all mapped out for coverage. The problem is, the wiki isn't fully updated The detachments may be listed for places like the GTA etc., but the Zones aren't actually listed.

Ontario Provincial Police (ON) - The RadioReference Wiki

Central Region, only detachments are listed with there Ops channels, same with Northwest Region, Eastern region has only a few more zones to be mapped out along with some of the others...

I would think most OPP zones is formatted as such, Cities, Towns, Regional Municipalities, Townships, Highways (400/401/407/416/417 etc..) Etc.. Yes some may share or cross over into other areas depending on response needed otherwise, they would mostly be dispatched to there respective zones...

Listen to where the following usually get dispatched to and map it out. Like I said, it takes time, but it can be done.

1XX Zone 1 units
2XX Zone 2 units
3XX Zone 3 units
4XX Zone 4 units
5XX Zone 5 units
6XX Zone 6 units
7XX First Nation units

I found this one:

I am going to give Kirk a list. If I heard dispatch give out a call to Burlington Zone 1 units, I made note of the exit. A pattern emerges, Burlington Charley zone 1 is the QEW from Dundas/403 + Ford Drive thru till the QEW/403 interchange.

I'll submit a list to anyone who wants to make sense of it or I'll prepare a proper list eventually.E

Status
Not open for further replies.