OPP & EMS Grey Bruce County.

Status
Not open for further replies.

t_pasha

Hi all,
I am gonna put up a Teamspeak Feed for OPP Grey Bruce County and EMS (Fleetnet Durham Tower). But i would like to know if there is any legal issues that are associated with broadcasting them?

Any input would be helpful. Thank you

jellotor

Damn, you're about 4 weeks quicker than me.

I suppose certain aspects of the radiocommunications law could be interpreted to restrict online scanner feeds (ie. do not rebroadcast transmissions) there are likely a few ways around it. There are quite a few people with experience with online feeds here including Terry (ve3nsv) and they can likely give you a bit more info.

t_pasha

Its not the problem of having it up.. ive got it up.. just dont know if i should put the ip out for the TS if i am gonna get in trouble...

What are the get arounds for the rebroadcast rule?

jellotor

Well, as far as I'm concerned it wouldn't be a 'rebroadcast' per se if the server was password protected...that way you could also restrict access to people you trust. Of course, it kind of defeats the purpose of having an online scanner feed...

I know of plenty of people with open feeds here in Ontario and, as far as I know, none of them have ever had any legal problems. The old 'Scanont Saying' still applies: discrete is elite. It's fine to advertise to scanner listeners and your friends, but you probably don't want it to become common knowledge in the general public...

But I'm sure you already know all of that.

By the way, will you post the link to you TS server? I had been planning to set up a feed from my buddy's place in Tara but I recieve the Owen Sound site better from that location. I still may put up a feed with Saugeen Shores PS, West Grey PS and the local FDs, since it looks like you've got Fleetnet covered.

shores

I could do a feed of some of the local police, the FD, ambulance, etc. but not fleetnet, by BCT8 won't do digital for grey bruce OPP :'(

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
I have set mine up with easystream for Peel region using my 785 not sure if its getting past the router though. If you want to try it out here are the settings...

peel.dynalias.net
Audio Port: 8100
Data Port: 8101

Currently is set for Peel Police and Mississauga and Brampton Fire.

Let me know if the router is allowing it out... Thanks

t_pasha

Ok well the TS ip is: 38.99.129.213:8862 (The port number may change in a few weeks i will keep u guys updated)
and i've password protected the channel with Scanner. Ask me with a pm and i will give u the password.

I am using a BC- 296D to do the feed so its digital.

P.s: the Teamspeak is actually our gaming group's so dont worry if some of them dont know what u talking about :). Not everyone is a scanner enthusiasist.

Last edited:

t_pasha

Chrome69 said:
I have set mine up with easystream for Peel region using my 785 not sure if its getting past the router though. If you want to try it out here are the settings...

peel.dynalias.net
Audio Port: 8100
Data Port: 8101

Currently is set for Peel Police and Mississauga and Brampton Fire.

Let me know if the router is allowing it out... Thanks

Hmm.. I would suggest using Teamspeak as there is no bandwith issue.. if u want it hosted.. i can host it..

I am actually thinking of creating a dedicated Teamspeak for scanner enthusiast for Ontario.. I can provide my area feed.. but rest i will need help with. :)

Soo if there is interest.. Let me know.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
t_pasha is your feed up? If you could PM me a password and times its up...Mine is down till i buy a Licence and a new audio cable so its grounded correctly so i can get rid that dam humming noise i have...

t_pasha

Chrome69 said:
t_pasha is your feed up? If you could PM me a password and times its up...Mine is down till i buy a Licence and a new audio cable so its grounded correctly so i can get rid that dam humming noise i have...

Licence for? and yes my feed is up..

Status
Not open for further replies.