OPP Fleetnet Zone 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAFFO

Hello All:
My issue is while listening to the OPP in my area. When tuned to the Prescott Tower the main Control Channel frequency is 142.800. I have never seen it switch to the Alternate Control Channel. The issue is whenever the VC is 141.495 the decode is very poor. So bad that sometimes the LED lights, I see the CC and VC alternate, yet I get no audio. All other VC's seem to be fine. Yet whenever the MOH is on the air I see the same CC and VC and they decode perfectly!

I have tried creating the talkgroup using all Control Channels that will fit into the table, I have tried only the Control Channel for Prescott, I have tried all of the Control Channel frequencies listed for the Prescott Tower as well. It always seems to have very poor decode on VC 141.495 only for the OPP.

I am using a GRE PSR500 to scan.

Has anyone run into this in their areas?

Thanks.

Last edited:

FastEddie

Psr 500/600

Sorry for being a bit off topic, but I live in the Hamilton area, and have been watching all of the chats on the GRE radios, so I'm interested in where you purchased your unit? How is it performing other than the problem you are having?

JAFFO

I have never owned a digital scanner before, but it seems to work great. I purchased the unit from Scanner Master.

Other than this issue, and because of what it does when the MOH (ambulances) transmit I don't beleive it is a radio setting issue, I have nothing bad to say about the scanner. I have downloaded all of the updates that GRE has brought out and none of them seemed to change the way that one VC frequency works. I have even tried the attenuation when listening and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

FastEddie

I know they sell for $500.00, what was your total cost from Scanner Master ( shipping, duty etc )

JAFFO

Well, all told I guess it came to about $550. I bought it when the Canadian dollar was higher than the US. I also had it dropped shipped in Ogdensburg, so I saved the brokerage fees.

VE3RADIO

again.. off topic.. do you pick up any of the NY State law talk... are you in the city of Ottawa or outside... is Prescott closer to Ottawa or the Border? Before i moved to Toronto i lived in Kanata.. but unfortunately i don't remember much about the lay of the land.. I would be curious to know how much stuff one could pull from NY State in say.. Kanata.. as i remember getting TV Signals from the US was always a challenge.

Last edited:

JAFFO

I live around the Prescott/Brockville area. I can pickup some NY Law Enforcement and Fire Departments, but since getting the PSR500, I don't tune into them anymore. I prefer to listen to the locat law/fire/ambulance calls.

JAFFO

Thanks to the great people at GRE, it looks like the issue I started this thread with has been fixed! I upgraded to the new CPU 1.5 firmware a couple of days ago and all of the OPP transmissions come through fine now. If I do have any trouble with the reception, the dispatcher or mobile has come back and said they received very 10-1 as well.

Thank you GRE for all your work.

A satisfied customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.