OPP Helicopters and Pot

Status
Not open for further replies.

b_lasalle

Hey this might have been asked before but I was wondering what the frequencies the OPP use to locate pot while in there helicopters in southern Ontario. They should be staring soon..

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I was gonna be funny and mention that if the OPP wanted pot they'd call a dealer on their cell :)

When I was up north in the early summer there was a lot of activity on theOPP surveillance channels. Our cottage is less than a mile from the largest meth lab bust in the province. Perhaps the encrypted activity I heard up there was the pre-bust gabbering.

When we were last up there a few helicopters flew over low. They were not coast guard, Fleetnet at the time indicated that noone was missing, no need for the search & rescue copters. I had my scanner on & heard nothing.

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
For the summer grow up bust the RCMP also provided helicopters to the various operations. I seam to remember hearing them on 142.7700 in the past. Coast Guard helicopters flying budget is pretty tight and used up mostly in the Central Region by openning and closing the navigation season. When I had a summer job with CCG in Prescott I got to fly around the Seaway twice.

Most of the grow op cutting comms are pretty boring.

hypersight

In my area last year they were using SIM 11 from the chopper and the ground crews were using 408.9125 to talk amongst themselves.

mciupa

Database Admin
So the consensus is listen in on 148.765 , flying over a corn field near you ! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.