OPP In East

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary123

As Muxlow says its not practical to have a private cell system for data. In theory a couple of channels can be set aside for dedicated data on the PSRN system but studies showed this to be impractical and a potential security risk. As is is the current data usage would max out two 9600 Baud frequencies.
Canada in general is way behind other locations around the world for having a true wireless data communications system. The current reference study being used is based on old dialup systems using 300-600 baud with payload packets less than 2K. LOL this post is bigger than that.

Also the MWS packages are encrypted.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The Canadian equivalent of Firstnet is actually alive and well in certain areas so I suspect the OPP are taking advantage of it where they can.

Aviator747

I am in Cornwall - Zone 2 - I heard dispatch come on saying 2OPS31 and 34 will be patched together. Either it's really quiet tonight or something is going on. I see TG 23445.
It's mainly EMS tonight. I am using a SDR & Unitrunker to RX. I am new to FleetNet scene and kinda late. :(

Of course as I am typing this the OPP did talk a few times. I don't know what TG is talking as I don't have the database loaded, as I am not a Premium Subscriber.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Talkgroup ID or Radio ID? There doesn't appear to be a Talkgroup ID of 23445 but there is a Radio ID of 23445 which is Smiths Falls Comm Centre. Is that what you meant?

I am in Cornwall - Zone 2 - I heard dispatch come on saying 2OPS31 and 34 will be patched together. Either it's really quiet tonight or something is going on. I see TG 23445.

Status
Not open for further replies.