OPP incident clearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wretched

Up until the last couple weeks, I'd hear officers clear everything to their badges. Now I hear a lot of clearing to 'data entry'? What's that, why the change?

Command30

In Barrie you always hear a lot of "Notebook only". Could data entry mean they've simply entered the details into a form on their MDT/MDU?

Muxlow

Super Secret
I have herd a few times the dispatcher clearing events off to their own badges. Like.. the comm center operators
Mayhaps the same thing?

Wretched

Maybe they are implementing the below from the OPP's 2008/2009 report.....

Civilian Data Entry Civilian data entry (CDE) systems are being used in policing jurisdictions around the world and have been shown to be a cost effective way for the police services to meet their administrative report writing requirements. CDE allows police officers to spend less time in the office and more time providing frontline policing services to communities throughout the province.The OPP review of CDE confirms it is a viable option for reducing the data entry and report writing responsibilities for police officers.The financial impact of enhancing frontline capacity through CDE is significantly less than adding additional police officers. The OPP is establishing a working committee to develop both a technical standard and produce deployment models for a province-wide CDE system. A provincial CDE system for all detachments meets the needs and concerns of many municipalities who have inquired about CDE as an efficient and effective way to manage costs and improve officer availability

Status
Not open for further replies.