OPP London in Fall Back Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasoyeom

Just listening to the OPP talk groups and they are all 10-3 and units are to go 10-19 (return to detachment). Orillia is monitoring.

jasoyeom

All units to go back to their original talk groups except Brant, Haldimand, Norfolk, 6 Nations and MOE are still on TAC 05

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
They may be switching over to the new comm centre in London... they were doing lots of console tests last week with call recorders, patching etc.

sirsmiley

They may be switching over to the new comm centre in London... they were doing lots of console tests last week with call recorders, patching etc.
Sounds like an outage possibly involving bell Their 911 was affected and possibly radio dispatch

Muxlow

Super Secret
Seems logical London would switch to their new comm center on a friday.. Whats the worst that could happen right.

EMS seems to be working fine so leads me to believe its a OPP/MNR/MTOE issue.

TAC03 is patched with Essex, CK and Lambton with Orillia Comm

sirsmiley

Any one of their Computer Aided Dispatch radio dispatch or 911 would most likely require porting the whole thing to Orillia as they have to go to the same location for all 3.

Computer Aided Dispatch is redundant servers, so most logical would be line cuts or disruptions from Bell or a need to evacuate due to a health and safety risk.

bluwest

Premium Subscriber
Ahh, my bad then. I have had my scanner off for about 40 mins so must have happened when I didn't have it on. I wonder if they will release a cause for the fall back to Orillia?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I'm still putting my money on the new comm centre. I did work in there just before New Years and it was substantially complete then.

Status
Not open for further replies.