OPP officer charged, cruiser impounded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Wow. I think I've seen it all now. Anyone happen to hear any of this?

OPP officer charged, cruiser impounded

By PATRICK MALONEY, SUN MEDIA

Last Updated: 4th December 2009, 6:25pm

An Ontario Provincial Police cruiser is impounded and an officer charged with street racing following a crash late Thursday.

The OPP cruiser crashed near Kingsville, in Essex County, at about 9:30 p.m. Thursday, police say, after driving through a stop sign and careening into a ditch.

The officer driving was taken to hospital, where he was treated for minor injuries and released.

Const. Kristopher Gagnier, 26, is charged with street racing — a charge laid for exceeding the posted speed limit by 50 kilometres/hour or more — and speeding.

As required under the law, the OPP cruiser is impounded for seven days.

I can't believe they actually impounded the cruiser. Try explaining that one to your Sergeant..

mancow

Database Admin
What kind of Government impounds their own vehicle? That's like a parent grounding their self to their room while the child runs amok.

That's more outrageous than the street racing.

:roll:

Last edited:

VE3RADIO

This is another black eye for the Liberal government! The law is unconstitutional and has already been struck down in court twice. I hope to see this law erased from the books in the near future... just like the cell phone/radio/handsfree law.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
This is another black eye for the Liberal government! The law is unconstitutional and has already been struck down in court twice. I hope to see this law erased from the books in the near future... just like the cell phone/radio/handsfree law.

They wont change it much Matt the will alter it so it doesnt keep getting beat in court.
This black eye you speak of, if anyone could beat the Liberals they'd worry.

Muxlow

Super Secret
..I think i know that officer. Or at least met him a few times.
Wonder why he was going so fast for, and if he gave any speeding fines out if them people can beat them now since this officer broke the same laws they did.

Is kinda nice thou to see that they impounded the car, shows us all that the OPP wont bend the laws for their own good... when caught anyways. Bet this guy will have him self some court service duty now or guarding the cells

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
This is the second time this has happened to the OPP. If I remember right, the first was a female officer somewhere between Barrie and and Toronto.

smokey1300

Stunt/street racing law... what a ridiculous waste of tax payers money. Absolute liability law, come on.

Charged - 15000
Unconstitutional - 2
Grandparents - 3+
OPP's - 2 (and counting)

Fantino's cash cow - $30,000,000 so far

Any people that have the charges dismissed are now in a position to sue the province for damages at the tax payers expense.

Why don't they use the resources for something purposeful... like on real criminals. And fix this law.

gwtc199

Wonder why he was going so fast for,

He was late for fresh doughnuts at Tim Hortons in Leamington!!:lol:

I was listening to this on my scanner, at first I thought it was just a civie involved in a crash, but just before they cleared off the call the sgt. came across saying "PC Gagnier is charged with 50 over", and "we've lost a car for a while".
OPP responded to a report of a car crash, and found it was one of their own, aparently he wasn't on a call just killing time by speeding on a curving road near Kingsville.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Since this really doesn't have anything to do with scanning, I'll close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.