OPP on Uniden BCT15

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonAvey

I just picked up a Uniden BCT15, any tips on programming it. I'm completely new to scanners lol

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

JonAvey

Hey guys. I just picked up a used (basically new) Uniden BCT15 and wanted to program FleetNet so I can listen to the OPP. I was told that I'd be able to hear them but was reading a thread on here last night that said I won't because they're digital. Any help with this would be appreciated, I'm completely new to this.

moonbounce

JonAvey

Thanks for the link, but what does this accomplish? Like I say, I'm brand new to this so you'll have to excuse my ignorance.

gary123

The scanner will not do digital you need a scanner that will do P25. There are a few frequencies for OPP that are not digital but they are low power and dont travel far. Check out the wiki page for OPP for the frequencies. The main OPP operations are on fleetnet and they are also on the wiki.

mciupa

I just picked up a Uniden BCT15, any tips on programming it. I'm completely new to scanners lol

What is your preferred way of programming?

A) By hand?

B) Software?

mciupa

Hand right now

Manually Programming Channel Frequencies

Find ones that interest you in your county in the Ontario Database

You will be using the Scroll FUNC knob and E key repeatedly.

*To Program a New Channel press MENU.

* At 'Program System' press E/. It will show up as System 1

*At 'Select System' scroll to system where you want to program a channel and press E/.
*Scroll to 'Edit Group' and press E/. It will show up as Group 1

*At 'Select Group' scroll to the group that you want to program the channel in and press E/.

*Scroll to 'Edit Channel' and press E/.

*At 'Select Channel' scroll to 'New Channel' and press E/.

*At 'Input Frequency ' enter the frequency and press E/. It will show the frequency you entered.

Later, when you are comfortable with programming, you can edit System 1, Group 1 to say OPP or what ever you like.

First, get some frequencies in your scanner. :)

ratpatrol

The 15 is a great scanner and i stringly suggest you buy the software. I use the Butel that allows super easy programming from the radio reference database.

Look at the scanner master site and there is great review on the bct15x to help you gain some insight and the website with easy to read scanner manuals

Status
Not open for further replies.