OPP Portables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Ok so we know the car Vehicular Repeater frequencies what freq does the portables work off of any ideas? BTW i have found the Vehicular Repeater works very well in letting me know when they are around or close to me... :)

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
They operate off the VR frequencies. VR1, 2, and 3 unless on another specified channel. That's what the portables are for, so they can communicate back to the vehicle repeater.

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&aid=577

Chrome69 said:
Ok so we know the car Vehicular Repeater frequencies what freq does the portables work off of any ideas? BTW i have found the Vehicular Repeater works very well in letting me know when they are around or close to me... :)

hypersight

Last time I checked, they are 5 Mhz above the repeater eg. if the VR is 410.8625 then the portable would transmit 415.8625.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
They are not 5Mhz above the output frequencies and they never have been.

I believe the outputs and their corresponding inputs are listed in the database.

hypersight

Sorry about that. I stand corrected. Actually the portables were 5 MHz higher on the old NOR system.... I remember this when I used to live in London just down the road from the London detachment.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
The reason there isn't the regular 5MHz split is because it would be MUCH too easy for someone with too much time on their hands (ie, someone with a ham rig) to have some "fun". It's not a perfectt solution, but it's a heck of a lot better than what they used with the old Mitrek repeaters. The new Futurecoms use a non standard split, and a different TX and RX PL tone (with the exception of the legacy VRS/Portable channels). "Someone" posted an .XLS spreadsheet awhile back that had all the input/output frequencies and PL tones, but that was taken down pretty quick. However, evereything posted on RadioReference is 100% correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.