OPP Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

palo1

Listening on the Edgar Tower - have all the frequencies entered as per database - using a BC 796D which locks on the control channel - have entered talkgroups and am able to listen either by "ID scan" or by "ID list" - am able to listen to both conventional (MOH) and digital (OPP)

The problem is at times I can only one side of the conversation on digital - usually its dispatch that comes through but not always - I don't receive other calls that might interrupt (its not usually that busy) - often there is an extended period of silence and then dispatch comes in with a reply to a call by one of the cars which I haven't heard - these are not encryped transmissions as I have heard (not decoded) those on TG 9264

Any ideas?

p

jellotor

Are you 100% sure you're listening to the Edgar control channel? Do you have all of the voice
frequencies programmed in? It sounds to me like you might be missing one or two...

I've had this happen when I program multiple CCs into one bank and come across a control channel that I am barely recieving and whose voice frequencies aren't programmed.

Double check your programming...

palo1

All frequencies entered as per database - only cc for Edgar entered in bank

p

Status
Not open for further replies.