OPP Repeater Tecumseh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty94

Hey guys, I'm very new to ham radio, just picked up a uv5r yesterday and am currently trying to listen to the Tecumseh opp repeater with no success. Was just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction on how to receive it if it's possible. Thanks

gary123

If its a BEAT or car repeater you should be able just enter in the freq 412.8875 as a carrier squelch freq and hear the transmissions.

Smitty94

Thanks! It's working now.

Did a factory reset and entered what you showed me, I must have messed something up in the settings. Looking forward to learning more about hams and getting licensed!

Last edited by a moderator:

gary123

Since this is a two way radio the freq should be entered only as a RX freq and no TX freq. You can also add in a RX pl of 107.2 (1B).

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Smitty94 be very careful with the dual band. a) they are not approved for use in Canada last I looked at the Baofeng's there was no IC approval for them.. b) if you don't turn off duplex you and transmit with them or someone can by mistake.

gary123

Personally I dont like the idea of using any type of transmit capable unit as a scanner. Its just too risky.

gary123

That makes no sense. How is a properly programmed, i.e. TX inhibited, TX capable radio too risky?

It all depends on if the user doesn't program in the TX side. Most are responsible enough not to but all it takes is one idiot.

Anyway we are wandering off topic. The member seems to be a responsible person and the question has been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.