OPP Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

ordnance

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the response. That makes sense I guess... I have noticed it in the past but think I heard units from both zones on the group at the time. Today I'm just noticing Huron on it.

If it's patched would you expect to hear units from both zones? What reasons might they patch it? I assume special events, but just hearing usual dispatch comms today.

edit: Now that I've posted I was just hearing Huron... I just heard Perth on it also.

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
They patch for many reasons. Could be as simple as one of the dispatchers called in sick, so the other is doing double duty.

VE3JSO

I hear lambton 6 mike patched in with kent 6 delta all the time late at night when the com centre goes to a light crew

VE3JSO

Hi Forts,
Thanks for the info. However I think the "PTCH" text only applies to certain GRE/PSR radios. My new HP1 does not seem to display it.

Regards,
Mark

The pro 106 shows ptch answer but it is made by gre another way is listen between 10pm to I think 1am the com centre will state the tgs is patched in

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
The HP1 isn't a GRE scanner, it's Uniden... So no, it doesn't show it. Actually I'm not sure if any of the Unidens do. The XT series follow patched talkgroups properly (the 'T' series like the 396T or 996T do not) but I don't think they show a patch is in place. I'll hafta take a look at my 396XT, I never really paid attention to what it shows during a patch.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to know when t/gs are patch together just by looking/listening at/to the scanner?

The best way to see patches, multi-selects and such are done by using Trunk 88. You need a newer modle scanner like 996XT or you need to tap an older scanner (The entire 'taping" can best be explained by others). You can use an older scanner, set it up and you will be amazed at how much activity you can see with Trunk 88.

Look around here and there is a Yahoo group called Trunk 88.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
The HP1 isn't a GRE scanner, it's Uniden... So no, it doesn't show it. Actually I'm not sure if any of the Unidens do. The XT series follow patched talkgroups properly (the 'T' series like the 396T or 996T do not) but I don't think they show a patch is in place. I'll hafta take a look at my 396XT, I never really paid attention to what it shows during a patch.

The HP 1 will show all the talkgroups involved in a patch but it will not show them patched together.

I.E. Burlington 5 Charlie and Niagara 5 Golf are always patched. In the evening they are often patched with a MTO Enforcement talkgoup. So a 5 Charlie unit can be heard on the Talkgroup for 5 Charley, for 5 Golf and whatever the MtO Enforcement talkgroup.

A Toronto example in the city is 13 Division and Hwy units , 51 and 53 D, etc.

The HP1 does show patched talkgroups on the Halton EDACS site at times, patching the fire and police activites with the regular listed patches.

There are a lot of patched OPP talkgroups, in the GTA while in the SW, London dispatch, Wellington 6T are on their own, Oxford 6 Sierra and Norfolk 6 Oscar are stand alone while Brant 6 Bravo and Haldimand 6 Charley (with the 1st Nations 6 Quebec units) working as a patch.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
The 396 does NOT handle patches so you wont know they are patched and possisbly even miss the audio if your not on the supergroup.

The XT series DO handle patches.. the only real way to see the patch in SCAN MODE is to put it into DISPLAY MODE 2 and its pretty cool it shows the main patch TG #ID 8672 (even though the alpha tag is whos talking NIAGARA.. so the TG ID and the Alpha tag dont always match.

NIAGARA
8672 (which is actually burlingtons TG id).

Or if your in SEARCH MODE and dont have any IDs programmed youll see 8672 - 8736.. pretty cool as well.

As EJB said trunk88 is the best option for viewing patches

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I label the dispatcher RID's on my HomePatrol which sometimes gives me an indication of a patch.

If the MNR group 1NRO03 shows up but the dispatcher RID is Orillia Comm 1OPS40, then I know Caledon is patched with the MNR.

scifidad007

VE3EB
Premium Subscriber
Pro-96 Talk Group Info Bell Fleet Net

I see this string is old but maybe the best place to find what I need.

I recently picked up a used RS Pro-96 in Dayton.

Using the Scan Lite software I have the Moto Trunks systems working fine. I have loaded in the Bell Fleet Net for the GTA but I can only hear them I cannot see the Talk groups. What is the trick with either how or what you load and the settings to see the TGs, Currently I only see the manual text that I have entered into both the Description column and the Bank field.

As a control I have entered Bank 0 the Controls Freqs only, in Bank 5 I have the complete list that works just fine in my Pro-94.Both yield the same results, I can hear but cannot see the TGS,

Thoughts?

Scifidad007

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Status
Not open for further replies.