Opp Toronto area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheriff303

Hey guys im having some problems with my BC796D picking up OPP... when I bought it awhile ago now I heard OPP now I don't ...I have reentered the frequencies and talk groups but still nothing...Help

slipslope

check your status bit? I hear everyone saying that LOL

There's hardly anything on the Toronto tower. All you will hear is the OPP GTR TGs (which are very quiet), the MTO Maintenance TGs and patient transfers (air ambulance i think) on the MOH CACC TGs.

Most of the Toronto OPP action is on the Toronto Public Safety Trunk on the 61-HighwayPatrol TG (5008).

slicerwizard

OPP doesn't use 61-HWY. I'm curious where you got that idea?
Also, when I've listened, I've heard plenty of OPP activity on the Toronto Fleetnet site.

imcleish

When in the east end of the city, I find more comms on the Whitby tower than on the Toronto tower. You may also find the King City tower has more users affilliated with it than the Toronto tower.

My 2 cents worth, hope it helps.

Sheriff303

I am not getting anything at all.... Has anything changed in the last year or so? I had the OPP bank off for abit.. do I need to program all the east frequencies

Last edited:

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Chrome69 said:
does it have the P25 card in it?

It is a BC796D, why wouldn't the card be in it?

Sheriff303 said:
Hey guys im having some problems with my BC796D picking up OPP... when I bought it awhile ago now I heard OPP now I don't ...I have reentered the frequencies and talk groups but still nothing...Help

Are you even picking up the control channel? Try tuning your scanner to the control channel manually and see if you hear the buzz saw noise. Did you enter the base/offset/step along with those frequencies and have the Bank and channels configured for VHF Motorola Type II trunking?

If you have ARC250 or any other software you might want to download and post your file here so we can take a look.

slipslope

slicerwizard said:
OPP doesn't use 61-HWY. I'm curious where you got that idea?

I thought TPS patrolled the don valley pkwy but OPP patrolled Gartner/QEW & 400-series highways. Does TPS handle Gartner/QEW?

Since I heard so little activity off the Toronto tower from Whitby & Port Credit detachments, I figured some of the traffic on 61-HWY must be OPP. Assumptions... meh!

There is a large police facility at 45 Strachan Ave, which I have started to assume (here we go again) is the base for the cruisers that handle highway patrol. The station houses a detachment called Traffic Services/Highway Patrol. I wonder if the officers in this detachment are not a part of any "Division" such as 14 Div, which contains the Strachan facility.

jellotor

slipslope said:
I thought TPS patrolled the don valley pkwy but OPP patrolled Gartner/QEW & 400-series highways. Does TPS handle Gartner/QEW?

The Gardiner Expressway isn't a provincial highway and neither is the Don Valley Parkway.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
TSV (Traffic Services) isn't part of a "division". TSV might be located in 14 Division, but it's got nothing to do with them. TSV is moving pretty soon to a new building off of Atlantic Avenue, btw.

Toronto OPP can be found on Talkgroup 1OPS42 (which is almost always patched with 1OPS45) on the Toronto Fleetnet tower.

-M

Sheriff303

TPS patrols the don valley pkwy and the Gartner. OPP patrol the QEW & 400-series highways. TPS/OPP have jurisdiction on any and all streets, I have even seen an RCMP in marked cruiser on a traffic stop.

The large police facility at 45 Strachan Ave, is the base for the cruisers that handle TPS highway patrol and Traffic Services. Also to note each Div. Has atleast 2 traffic units ie. traffic 41A/B is thier call sign and you would see 4180(ghost car) on the rear pannel of the cruiser.

jellotor

Sheriff303 said:
TPS patrols the don valley pkwy and the Gartner. OPP patrol the QEW & 400-series highways. TPS/OPP have jurisdiction on any and all streets, I have even seen an RCMP in marked cruiser on a traffic stop.

Any peace officer has the 'jurisdiction' (authority) to stop you if you have committed a HTA infraction or the officer has reasonable and probable grounds to believe thay you have committed an indictable offense. In other words, a York PS officer has the same basic powers in Toronto...so it's not unreasonable to expect to see an RCMP officer pull someone over 'outside his jurisdiction.'

Status
Not open for further replies.