OPP...Travelling from Pembroke to North Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
I will be travelling up to North Bay thru Ottawa next week..Can anybody advise me on which OPP TGs are used on HWY 17 from Pembroke to North Bay.. I have all the towers programmed (even the zone 3 tower for North Bay) I am just looking for the TGs.
i am good with the TGs all the way up to Renfrew..

Return trip will be from Sundridge back thru Renfrew by HWY 11 south to HWY 60 east back to HWY 17 in Renfrew..

Thanks Guys for any info..

RyanAC

In addition to what Idle Monitor said, 2OPS34 covers Russell County/Hawkesbury and you should program 3OPS23 (Sudbury/Noelville).

If the only Zone 3 tower you have programmed is North Bay (Site 004), then I would suggest also programming Mattawa (002), Eldee (003), Powassan (005) and Verner (008). I've rx a lot of traffic from OPS23 on the Verner tower while travelling through North Bay; you should be able to get similar results during your stay there. The Powassan tower will also cover you for a good stretch down Hwy 11 on your return trip.

Also, I would recommend 2OPS35 (Bancroft/Centre Hastings/Quinte West) and 2OPS38 (Grenville/Leeds) for your return trip. I catch traffic from them off the Denbigh (015) and Barry's Bay (018) towers when I'm down in that area.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
What kind of radio are you using? May I suggest just simply going with control channel only scanning and making 2 systems 3 max for each zone.

Zone 2 - OPP/EMS/MNR
Zone 2 - EMS
Zone 2 - MTO

And do the same for Zone 3 And just stick the appropriate talkgroups into each.

Seemless scanning the whole way. I've done this many times with my 396T and works perfect for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.