OPP Zone 2 on a BCD 396T

Spaw666

I have tried programming my 396T using ARC396PRO with my RR subscription to program the scanner, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to hear OPP on SCAN mode. It works on SEARCH.

I can hear the MOH talkgroups no problem on SCAN mode, it just doesn't ever stop on OPP talkgroups. Must be some setting I just need to check off but I can't seem to figure this one out.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Try turning off the "Status Bit" setting to hear on ID SCAN. It's in the options menu for the System.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
A second to the status bit suggestion but also ... talkgroups maybe "patched" to another talkgroup. For example if you only programmed in Talkgroup #1 (the main labelled dispatch) but then the actual talkgroup is patched to another less used talkgroup you will NOT hear in scan mode them unless you have TG #2 programmed as well.

When you search and hear them what comes up? Is it a proper number for another TG? (is it dividable by 16 and still a whole number?) or is it a random number that when div by 16 is not a whole number?

The 396T is one of the last of the Unidens that does not handle "patched" talkgroups. You need to program in all talkgroups (that your desired talkgroup may be on/patched to) or search.

Last edited:

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
If you are used to your radio you might want to program using a individual site by quick key.

In my example, I used my local tower as it's on QK. The next tower as another QK, etc and cut and paste ALL the MTO, MNR to be able to listen into everything.

Or put a few towers in one QK , it's a great scanner for FleetNet.

E