OPP Zone 3 - 4NAxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc1990

Good day,

While listening to the OPP on 3OPSS2, I heard the callsign 4 NAxxx. I checked the OPP wiki and didn't found it. Does anyone have any idea of what kind of unit this is and where it is from? The comms from this callsign are routne (traffic stops, returning t detach...)

Thanks.

rc1990

that sounds like NAPS officers (Aboriginal Reserve Officers)

Really???. I thought NAPS had their own freq(s) or system! Last time I check, they were not OPP. I could understand having a TG on the FleetNet system but sharing a TG with another police agency... never herd of it. I would understand if 2 local/municipal police services would share a TG but here, we're talking about a First Nations and a provincial police force.

dvdbir

OPP dispatches NAPS Officers, especially in the north. They are on the Fleetnet system but is not receivable in the Timmins area - just like Timmins Police (911) dispatches fire departments from Temagami north to Hearst and also dispatches as far as the James Bay coast that we don't hear either.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Really???. I thought NAPS had their own freq(s) or system! Last time I check, they were not OPP. I could understand having a TG on the FleetNet system but sharing a TG with another police agency... never herd of it. I would understand if 2 local/municipal police services would share a TG but here, we're talking about a First Nations and a provincial police force.

6 Nations officers in the reserve that straddles Brant and Haldimand Co are always on the regular patch of Brant 6 Bravo and Haldimand 6 Charlie units. They are easily known by there 6 Quebec 7XX call signs.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
FN Police are also OPP - they aren't just dispatched by them.

Another callsign I've heard is 4APxxx (Aboriginal Policing maybe?). Also heard 4BCxxx for Treaty 3.

SCPD

QRT
Yes what you are hearing 4NA??? is the NAPS Police, they just changed their callsigns from what they were using before. Up here in Chapleau our NAPS used to always use the callsign: 4OSCAR 70?. But have now switched to using 4NA???. So any unit you hear using the callsign 4NA??? is NAPS.

The Same goes for the other units you are hearing the 4AP???. That is another First Nations Police Service. Ashsinibeck Police service (Not sure of the spelling lol).

So guessing they changed their callsign to go with the type of police force they are.

And as for Naps they do not have there own freq or Talkgroup they are all on the Same OPS channels as the OPP and always have been. Even though they are their own, they are still police and use the same OPS channels as the OPP, because sometimes they might need OPP Assistance or need to talk to them or the OPP might need to talk to them.

So hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.