Opposite of Tropospheric ducting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky_ND

I've had some pretty good tropo the last few mornings, picking up towers over 150 miles away. Yet, later in the day it seems the towers I normally pick up are weaker than usual. Even had some issues with wifi range, as I use a long range connection a little over 300ft away so sometimes microwaves slow down my connection, but its been worse than that usually is.

Is there a weather phenomenon that significantly weakens local communications?

ecps92

Depending on the band, it could be due to RF Lift and being impacted by HDTV

Occurs periodically in T-Band where the HDTV signals impact the Public Safety users

I've had some pretty good tropo the last few mornings, picking up towers over 150 miles away. Yet, later in the day it seems the towers I normally pick up are weaker than usual. Even had some issues with wifi range, as I use a long range connection a little over 300ft away so sometimes microwaves slow down my connection, but its been worse than that usually is.

Is there a weather phenomenon that significantly weakens local communications?

Sparky_ND

I actually consulted a meteoroligist. She said its likely because of the dust, smoke, and high humidity we've had lately. The smoke and dust alone can reduce the range of their radar systems when it gets this bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.