Opsail 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolrich55

Should be some interesting stuff to listen to for this event this July. Last time for Opsail 2000 it was anyways. The interop that we have now is much different than what was back then. I would imagine plenty of the state police's talkgroups that don't get used much will be active. Only interesting thing I can remember from 2000 was that 153.965 was used to communicate with all the different agency's. As it gets closer to summer I'm sure this discussion will become very active and we'll be trying to figure out what frequencies will be used.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
I was thinking about starting a thread just like this,but you beat me to it :wink:

I wonder who will provide security for the event,of course the police will be there,but all of them can't be there at the same time.

Last edited:

coolrich55

Back in 2000 there were many police departments from around the region that sent officers to NL for opsail. I even remember seeing doc officers on patrol in Groton.This should be a good test to see if and how well interoperability works in this part of the state.

kmacinct

I can tell you logistics planning for this has been going on for a while - based on lessons learned.

There will be plenty of things to listen to, and most of them wont be such a secret, or difficult to find - Of course there will be a presence of "Special" agencies, and they will more than likely be secure, or on temporary systems that, by the time you figure them out, Opsail will be over.

There is an Unified Command System, with representatives from all agencies. In addition to the regular dispatch centers, there will be onsite communication resources, as well as plenty of back up systems.

As it get's closer, I'll break down some of the groups that would be interesting (and easy to find) to listen too.. Going to be a good year!

KM

Status
Not open for further replies.