ProScan: Option for unsupported radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekNJ

I have a Uniden BC220XLT that isn't on the list of supported devices. I'm going to have the 220XLT set to a single conventional frequency and was wondering if there's a way to still send it to ProScan and for ProScan to do the recording using the recorders Vox option?

I'm using ProScan with my 436HP so just wondering if I could run 2 instances and use ProScan with the 220XLT?

Thanks,
David

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Yes you can.
Copy your Proscan folder to a second folder and launch the second copy of ProScan from there.
Then set the Second copy of ProScan for Vox recording.

Copy 1 and Copy 2 can be run at the same time and be independent of each other. I'm running 4 sometimes 5 copies of ProScan at once on my machine.

GeekNJ

Thanks Phil! I asked because there's an explicit list of supported radios. I didn't want to go down that route and try things just to get "it's not supported" responses. I appreciate the prompt response.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Unsupported in this case just means you can't communicate with the radio over the serial/usb/IP connection.
The software is universal if you want to just capture audio over the audio line via vox.

Status
Not open for further replies.