optional boards for ar8200

Status
Not open for further replies.

teched1

I'm looking for feedback on the optional boards for the ar8200 mk3. Specifically, Im cosidering purchasing the voice inverter, tone eliminator, and or the CTCSS chip. Id like to hear about experiences with these add-ons. Do they work well? If you use more than 1, which do you get the most use from?

rmosier

AR8200 "Cards"

I use the CTCSS card constantly. It has made a big difference in cutting out unwanted chatter from other systems that use the same freq's as those that I'm interested in. I've used the voice inverter very few times. Inversion isn't used much any more...at least not where I live. The "back up" or "storage" card is a must have. It stores all of the scanners memory into 4 seperate areas. It's like having 4 AR8200 scanners. It just takes a moment to load one. I keep one set up for my home area, one for when I visit Mom in another state, one for crisis/emergency situations like 9/11. And one for the original default scanner settings. The tone eliminator, I bought and pretty much never used. Maybe because I wanted to have the CTCSS in all them time. I never bought the voice recorder card because it's so simple to record without it, using my PC. My advice, after owning 3 of them since the AR8200 was first introduced....Definately buy the CTCSS, and Storage cards!! But don't wast your money on the voice inversion or tone eliminator cards.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.