Orange County (46C.BEE00)

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
Could they be getting ready to integrate into PSIC?
i do not know. i would suspect there WAS a desire to integrate PSIC with a statewide motorola SLERS-2 P25 system ---- but with Harris being the prime now, dunno how that will play..... i can defo see the 700mhz SLERS "air" sites being rolled over to SLERS-2 but that's just a SWAG....

doug

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
some things appear to have changed in regards to this system. As of today, I can no longer copy the following sites:

Northwest
UCF
OC Jail
Convention Center
Winter Park

The only sites that I see up and running are the Orange (1.1) and Orlando (3.1) Simulcast sites and Reedy Creek (2.1)

anyone else noticed these sites being taken offline - or changed in some way?

NOTE: per DSD+ the 1.1 site is still reporting all of the sites as active on the neighbor list.

jcardani

Hi Doug,

I just tried to monitor the Convention Center and Jail sites with OP25 and the program did not decode the control channel, no NAC nothing. There is a control channel signal for both sites though - verified with my ICOM R8500. Also tried switching to TDMA CC and still nothing.

jcardani

Hi,

There was some discussion on which Law Enforcement talk groups on the Orange County FL system were unencrypted. Here is a list of groups I have monitored over the years that I can confirm are not encrypted:

221 SHF-HAIL/TRAF* Sheriff Hailing (used for Orange County units to hail SO
291 P.S.A.P. (Inter-Agency coordination)
319 ORG-LE used for misc operations
367 METRO 1
369 METRO 2
371 METRO 3
372 METRO 4
375 METRO 5
377 METRO 6
379 METRO 7
381 METRO 8
1081 DETAIL 1 used by SWAT, unencrypted because Fire-Rescue acompanies SWAT on jobs

* in addition talk group 221 used to be the Admin 1 talk group where all Code 3 calls are announced. It's now used for hailing