Orange County CA Fire frequencies duplicate trunk system name

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalecabell1

Premium Subscriber
There are two trunk systems called county wide when I try to import it imports the first one containing police and sheriff . The second one contains the fire groups.

dalecabell1

Premium Subscriber
There are two trunk systems called county wide when I try to import it imports the first one containing police and sheriff . The second one contains the fire groups.
Ok what radio are you using and what software are you using to import and program the radio?
ARC 500 PRO 197
It imports just fine but only shows the first tunk system

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
This has been fixed. For some reason the same trunked system was shown in two different categories (Sheriff and Fire), should have only been in one.

dalecabell1

Premium Subscriber
This has been fixed. For some reason the same trunked system was shown in two different categories (Sheriff and Fire), should have only been in one.

How do I get rid of encrypted talk groups? The import filter shows 0.

KD6ZWK

Premium Subscriber
All of Orange County police and fire departments are all encrypted. You will not get encryption on your radio or scanner. The Fire Department has been encrypted for over a year. The only way you can receive them is through Broadcastify.com.

KD6ZWK

Premium Subscriber
They may have reversed the decision in June 2019, but everything still remains encrypted. It was promised to be unencrypted within three months after the reversal decision. I recommend you go back and review all the comments made pertaining to this, even back to January 2019 so you have a good history of what has transpired. I have been closely following this and am well aware of what's going on as I read all the posts.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
They may have reversed the decision in June 2019, but everything still remains encrypted. It was promised to be unencrypted within three months after the reversal decision. I recommend you go back and review all the comments made pertaining to this, even back to January 2019 so you have a good history of what has transpired. I have been closely following this and am well aware of what's going on as I read all the posts.
My mistake based on what the database was showing. One would think that the local database administrator would keep the database updated with active encryption usage, but maybe the promise to reverse encryption is good enough to not properly update the database?

ecps92

IF / When someome makes a DB Submission
My mistake based on what the database was showing. One would think that the local database administrator would keep the database updated with active encryption usage, but maybe the promise to reverse encryption is good enough to not properly update the database?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
IF / When someome makes a DB Submission

Please remember that our database admins are all volunteers and have work/family commitments away from RR. That being said, they're pretty on the ball so if someone submits confirmation that a specific talkgroup has gone encrypted/unencrypted, it would get updated pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.