Orange County California Feeds

mkielsmeierhb

MK Productions
Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if it's just me or if anyone else has issues hearing any of the dedicated city feeds? it shows that there is listeners but I have zero audio coming out on my end. I have tries multiple browsers as well as the app and no luck. I have reported them and no results from that(probably no one monitors that e-mail). But I use it for work and kind of need it working. Hoping someone has some ideas on what could be done to get it fixed.

Image 5-20-23 at 1.28 AM.jpeg

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
... I use it for work and kind of need it working. Hoping someone has some ideas on what could be done to get it fixed.
As has often been said in the forums, feeds are provided by volunteers and subject to end/have problems at any time, not something RR can fix since it isn't there equipment. If this is something you "need" for work you should invest in a scanner or Unication pager.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I used Audacity to check a few feeds at random via the feed archives during what I'd think would be peak hours for activity (5 to 6PM) as well as a few other random timeframes during the day yesterday & today and indeed I did not detect any waveforms. All feeds are provided by the same broadcaster who I will link here. However they haven't signed onto Radioreference in over 3 years so you might not have any luck getting through to them. Worth a try anyhow.

mkielsmeierhb

MK Productions
Premium Subscriber
As has often been said in the forums, feeds are provided by volunteers and subject to end/have problems at any time, not something RR can fix since it isn't there equipment. If this is something you "need" for work you should invest in a scanner or Unication pager.
Maybe before replying you should look into the feed? The system is encrypted and this is the system’s owner’s response to being bothered enough to say they would remove encryption but back peddeled on it, now this is the only option unless SB719 passes. They are not run by volunteers as you put it but are actually feeds directly from the dispatch console. if I could use a scanner I would as I have 4 just in my vehicle for work in News/Media.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Maybe before replying you should look into the feed? The system is encrypted and this is the system’s owner’s response to being bothered enough to say they would remove encryption but back peddeled on it, now this is the only option unless SB719 passes. They are not run by volunteers as you put it but are actually feeds directly from the dispatch console. if I could use a scanner I would as I have 4 just in my vehicle for work in News/Media.
Okay but it is not RR that starts/stops feeds it is the owner, they are volunteering the feed.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
now this is the only option unless SB719 passes.
If SB719 should pass, this is the option they likely will select, see 2(b) of the actual text of the bill. it does not mandate removing encryption from radios, consoles, or any other equipment so scanner users can listen in. And a RR (or other) feed is the most likely option for many entities, as it is the simplest to implement, in spite of RR experts claiming there is merely a "switch to flip" :)

The tacs are used, but many scenes never use them. I do hear traffic, HB seems to be the most active.

mkielsmeierhb

MK Productions
Premium Subscriber
If SB719 should pass, this is the option they likely will select, see 2(b) of the actual text of the bill. it does not mandate removing encryption from radios, consoles, or any other equipment so scanner users can listen in. And a RR (or other) feed is the most likely option for many entities, as it is the simplest to implement, in spite of RR experts claiming there is merely a "switch to flip" :)

The tacs are used, but many scenes never use them. I do hear traffic, HB seems to be the most active.
until now, Just got off the phone with someone at Metronet and all consoles are down for an unknown duration for upgrades, so they are only using 2/3 O which are not streaming so that solves that. What I wonder is unless they changed the wording again for SB719, how would it be "In real time" when there's an 2-5 minute delay at the least between the actual radio traffic and the feed traffic? As far as the "switch" they do have OTAP and OTAR available. but that's just me hoping I guess

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
What I wonder is unless they changed the wording again for SB719, how would it be "In real time" when there's an 2-5 minute delay at the least between the actual radio traffic and the feed traffic?
Well, I think you are seeing the "real time" definition with your wallet, and in the terms of your profession. I will stick with it's unlikely that we will be listening to Red channel pursuits on a scanner or LikeARealCop™️ NAS radio anytime soon, regardless of this legislation.