Orange County CCCS P25 Update

gabrielm

Premium Subscriber
Now that the cutover has happened, what do you guys think about emailing MetroNet and asking them if they would consider broadcasting their traffic on Broadcastify (which would give them full control over being able to shut off the stream if there is sensitive traffic)? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ladymaniu00

How about any interested and concerned parties attend the next OCFA board meeting on June 27th at 6pm! Anyone can speak for 3 minutes by simply filling out the speaker form on the following website: OCFA - Orange County Fire Authority
Apparently, the board of supervisors had no idea that OCFA was even going to encrypt their communications until the last meeting when a citizen at the meeting brought up concerns about encryption. I would contact any and all news media to attend and let them know what is going on, as there has not been one news story covering this.

gabrielm

Premium Subscriber
It seems like streaming a feed of their traffic would be a nice compromise to suggest.

allend

Premium Subscriber
The Board of Supervisors knew. Don't let anybody else fool you and say they didn't. They would of had to approve it and this plan was in the works for the past few years now. What's done is done at this point. The clock just moved forward this morning and the cut-over has happened and Orange County is completely done and done. Go fight all you want.

The answer given back to you will be "Its all about safety for first responders". If you are going to fight battles take your energy somewhere else that will impact your life, and not what Orange County has done. Just saying. Nobody is happy about it, but its on The County of Orange if crap hits the fan down the road. If they can't communicate to the rest of the world and the plague over runs the county then the employee's of this county can scramble to figure it out. A smart person just checks out and moves on with life.

Last edited:

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Hearing Orange County units using Tan South, also seeing the Alternate tacs like 4J, 2J, 2K being used. Currently clear on Tan South.

gabrielm

Premium Subscriber
You guys! The feed on PulsePoint for OCFA is still working! I think it’s an official feed from OCFA... I just heard a dispatch for a call on one of the “zone 25” frequencies. So unless they’re still simulcasting on non-encrypted frequencies, it might still be available on streaming!

Wow didn't think any fire departments in CA would go big E, due to wildfires and California multi aid system. I wonder what the folks at firescope and California fire chiefs association think?

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Wow didn't think any fire departments in CA would go big E, due to wildfires and California multi aid system. I wonder what the folks at firescope and California fire chiefs association think?
They don't run wildland incidents on the 800 system. They also have repeated access channels for outside agencies.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

gabrielm

Premium Subscriber
I sent off a Facebook msg to MetroNet to ask if they’d consider streaming a feed, like OCFA. I doubt it, but maybe if enough of us ask? Find them on Facebook under Metro Cities Fire Authority.

allend

Premium Subscriber
I sent off a Facebook msg to MetroNet to ask if they’d consider streaming a feed, like OCFA. I doubt it, but maybe if enough of us ask? Find them on Facebook under Metro Cities Fire Authority.

You need to understand the very basic concept on why they went to 100 percent encryption.

1. Its to stop anybody to ever listen to Law Enforcement and The fire departments anymore.
2. They did not achieve a 100 percent encryption to agree to stream their communications to the world.

The GAME is over. Like I said earlier don't waste your time trying to wiggle around and ask thru different social media platforms and ask for something and magical anything is going to happen in a positive way. Flat out they are going to tell you NO first of all. Second they are going to tell you the encryption is for "first responder safety". Sorry to keep telling you the bad news and its a big dissapointment to the general public but The County of Orange scanning days are over with. The light went dark and will never come back.

gabrielm

Premium Subscriber
You need to understand the very basic concept on why they went to 100 percent encryption.

1. Its to stop anybody to ever listen to Law Enforcement and The fire departments anymore.
2. They did not achieve a 100 percent encryption to agree to stream their communications to the world.

The GAME is over. Like I said earlier don't waste your time trying to wiggle around and ask thru different social media platforms and ask for something and magical anything is going to happen in a positive way. Flat out they are going to tell you NO first of all. Second they are going to tell you the encryption is for "first responder safety". Sorry to keep telling you the bad news and its a big dissapointment to the general public but The County of Orange scanning days are over with. The light went dark and will never come back.

So then why is OCFA streaming an official feed of their encrypted traffic? Point being, I just don’t think it hurts to ask.

allend

Premium Subscriber
So then why is OCFA streaming an official feed of their encrypted traffic? Point being, I just don’t think it hurts to ask.

Okay. Well once you get the official answer which most likely you won't get anything back let us all know how it goes. The county employee that manages the facebook account makes no decision on radio comms for the county. OCSD runs the radio division and they make the decisions and the rules. I am just letting you know how things really work in the world and in The County of Orange. Alot of us have been down this long road for years now on different issues and no good outcome is going to happen.

The real reasons why they locked everything down is beyond what we can imagine. The clock never turns back time. Remember that.

gabrielm

Premium Subscriber
Well, I got a reply. They didn’t say no, but they didn’t say yes, either. They said that they’ve previously considered live streaming but opted not to because they weren’t encrypted. They said that they will commit to doing more research on the idea and getting back to me. Call me naive or whatever, and maybe it was a brush-off, but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Well, I got a reply. They didn’t say no, but they didn’t say yes, either. They said that they’ve previously considered live streaming but opted not to because they weren’t encrypted. They said that they will commit to doing more research on the idea and getting back to me. Call me naive or whatever, and maybe it was a brush-off, but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

That's quite a bit more of an answer than I would have expected, but don't be surprised if you never hear back from them.

allend

Premium Subscriber
I give you credit for asking but I know how these government agencies and employee's work. They play nice and nothing ever happens. If they stream their radio communication it will goes against what their main goal was. The goal was to encrypt all of the fire departments and their communications. The County of Orange did not even leave their dispatch talk-groups open. Not trying to burst your bubble or give you any sort of hope but the answer is absolutely going to be NO. Trust me I do not agree one bit, but some of us know how these turds work that make county decisions and its never for the best. They get fed a bunch of Kool-Aid from OCSD and they end up doing whatever they want at the expense if the Fire Chiefs want it or not. I can honestly say that most likely the majority of the fire department personnel did not want encryption, but they had no choice in the matter. Keep in mind that there is alot of Orange County Fire Department employee's that live within the county and monitor their own department and that's completely gone now.

Plus the media stringers became such a business and very competitive which public safety most likely got tired of being video taped and watched at all times at scenes which this could of been a big deciding factor as well as streaming audio around the world.

Plus now government agencies have this political correct statement called "First Responder Safety" which allows radio comms to encrypt whatever they want now and you can't fight this statement in any court of law.

So at the end of the day which the end was today the answer will be NO and most likely you will not get an answer back which means over time you will just give up and move on and get use to what is now. There are a lot of disappointed tax payers in this county that monitor these systems and its horrible they took everything except for public works and a few other non interesting straggler talkgroups. Plus you have so many volunteer groups that support the county and their fire departments that are completely locked out too. They never took into account with these programs and the thousands of hours they donate to the county yearly.

Robertolson

Premium Subscriber
Is the new p25 system (cells cites ) encrypted or individual talk groups encrypted ... I cannot get anything on search ID

allend

Premium Subscriber
Is the new p25 system (cells cites ) encrypted or individual talk groups encrypted ... I cannot get anything on search ID

The reason why you can't pickup anything on ID Search is because The Show is Over with. You will see talkgroups show up but it will be silent.