Orange County CCCS P25 Update

brandon

Database Admin
Does anyone know if Red going to be locked down?

Also I would assume we lost Air Call?

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I bet you part of the consideration on continuing encryption for FD after an evaluation period, is to find out how many firefighters (or their families), complain that they can't keep tabs on their buddies or loves ones on a scanner while they are off-duty.

Paul

Paul
The way Fire Chiefs make reason is if #1 The Safety of their personnel. If the system is reliable and the bugs are worked out and the system functions properly with no safety concerns for their personnel then this subject about turning back the clock is MUTE.

As to the the talkgroups that are open on new system this is a complete JOKE. If The County took away the fire departments they should of taken everything. This is how many marbles are upstairs. Lets give you monkeys the public works, animal control and sheriffs transit. Please save us our dignity. I have a feeling once more upgrades happen and OTAP and OTAR are put into play then the rest of these talkgroups will go dark. It might take a couple of years but it will happen.

Once these old systems went dark I deleted these TRS systems and never looked forward to anything related to this NextGen upgrade. Means nothing to anybody anymore. I at least respect what Riverside Co did and didn't leave any cracks in the door open.

gabrielm

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, all I can hear is hiss with an occasional chirp.

I just checked again right now and heard a call go out. The PulsePoint feed is definitely still operational. Interestingly, one doesn’t hear the alert tone - only the dispatch being verbally put out. Makes me think that it’s not actually a stream of the radio traffic but is an actual feed from the dispatch consoles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Picking up blips of encryption here and there on Aircall and Red from units. Dispatch Consoles are still clear but that could be because they’re still on the Smartzone channels.

allend

Premium Subscriber
You can go to all of these chiefs meetings all you want. All I am saying that its a waste of your time. Yes, you can go get your 3 min of fame and vent your frustrations but the decision has already been made. The chiefs get paid no matter what at these meetings. This is just another day on the job for them and one more day closer to retirement. Law Enforcement got their way almost a couple of decades ago and never looked back. This will be the same for the fire departments.

Eventually all of this news and media and frustration will calm down and people will move on and then this subject will be MUTE.

I hate sometimes living in a reality world but speaking the truth is how we all need to live our lives. I have lived in and out of this county for decades now and have seen the erosion of this county when it comes to transparency. The county has been chipping away at the block to hide more and more information as this county becomes more corrupt as well as the crimes and problems that keep getting worse. They just want to hide all of the external and internal BS that goes on daily and its working in their side now with technology that is giving them the upper edge.

Like it or not but this is our new world and more and more cities and counties are following and they look and see what Orange County is doing with their technology and more and more soon to come. LE in Orange County was the first to go in the SoCal basin and see where the majority of LE in the basin is now. Big E. The fire departments are next. Don't be blind to this next wave of trends.

Eng74

I learned from several Captains in the fire department if you want to get something done don’t take the first no as the answer. Go up the chain of command, until you get a yes, or a no from the top. If you get the no from the top then at least every level knows something needs to be done at worst, sometimes you might find someone who agrees with you and give yes or they will give a yes to get you out of the office. The main thing is you did everything you could.

B

Premium Subscriber
I learned from several Captains in the fire department if you want to get something done don’t take the first no as the answer. Go up the chain of command, until you get a yes, or a no from the top. If you get the no from the top then at least every level knows something needs to be done at worst, sometimes you might find someone who agrees with you and give yes or they will give a yes to get you out of the office. The main thing is you did everything you could.

Well said!

Stupidfatkid

You can go to all of these chiefs meetings all you want. All I am saying that its a waste of your time. Yes, you can go get your 3 min of fame and vent your frustrations but the decision has already been made. The chiefs get paid no matter what at these meetings. This is just another day on the job for them and one more day closer to retirement. Law Enforcement got their way almost a couple of decades ago and never looked back. This will be the same for the fire departments...

Unfortunately I completely agree with you. I think the only action you can take is to raise the issue to someone who relies on votes to keep their job. Whether that's the mayor, commissioner, city manager, etc.. Ultimately the fire departments and police departments answer to them. But even that will be futile. Elected officials know most of the citizenry is not engaged and won't turn out for an issue like encryption.

prcguy

If I lived in the OC I would try and get as much media attention as possible with a focus on transparency to police activities and don't even mention the scanning hobby. Taxpayers paid for the radio systems and there is no reason to encrypt most public service transmissions. Make the public aware that this allows the police to operate under the radar with no oversight or accountability on radio communications. Are they ignoring laws regarding surveillance, search and seizure or using racial slurs, etc, while operating encrypted? Get the public outraged by this mass encryption and let them know how much tax $$ was spent to cloak their conversations from the tax paying public.

gabrielm

Premium Subscriber
Wait whaaa?? Does this mean everything is going back into the clear??

mule1075

Feed Provider
You can go to all of these chiefs meetings all you want. All I am saying that its a waste of your time. Yes, you can go get your 3 min of fame and vent your frustrations but the decision has already been made. The chiefs get paid no matter what at these meetings. This is just another day on the job for them and one more day closer to retirement. Law Enforcement got their way almost a couple of decades ago and never looked back. This will be the same for the fire departments.

Eventually all of this news and media and frustration will calm down and people will move on and then this subject will be MUTE.

I hate sometimes living in a reality world but speaking the truth is how we all need to live our lives. I have lived in and out of this county for decades now and have seen the erosion of this county when it comes to transparency. The county has been chipping away at the block to hide more and more information as this county becomes more corrupt as well as the crimes and problems that keep getting worse. They just want to hide all of the external and internal BS that goes on daily and its working in their side now with technology that is giving them the upper edge.

Like it or not but this is our new world and more and more cities and counties are following and they look and see what Orange County is doing with their technology and more and more soon to come. LE in Orange County was the first to go in the SoCal basin and see where the majority of LE in the basin is now. Big E. The fire departments are next. Don't be blind to this next wave of trends.
This just came up on Twitter.
316bbc878a6b46ddfe1f474d316ced5e.jpg

gabrielm

Premium Subscriber
I’m shocked! I’m sitting here dumbfounded.