Orange County "Clean-up"

Status
Not open for further replies.

onsceno

Good morning,

With the transition to CORNet, has anyone (short of Washingtonville) noticed a re-purposing or new implementation of simulcasts, crossbands, patches etc off the talk groups? Miss Woodbury's LB -> UHF badly...

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Nope, just Washingtonville so far as far as link from the TRS on Fire Response 1. Crudele has a link up on Cronomer which repeats UHF Fireground A and B and another on Snake Hill repeating UHF City Fireground (mostly City of Newburgh). As for the others, I’m told most are keeping them up as a backup link to low band for a while (until that gets depreciated) and since the TRS is pretty new and they evaluate its success.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
That site is up on the Clinton Drive water tank unless they moved it to Prides Crossing. I’d say a good 25+ mile radius, with Schunnemunk obviously blocking it the other way. I primarily used Cronomer and Washingtonville links for eastern Orange and then switched over to Woodbury’s up on Arden for south and Montgomery on Winding Hills for west.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Everyone is on the trunked system so you won't get anything off Woodbury unless someone kurchunks low band or the UHF input.

Status
Not open for further replies.