Orange County Comm

Status
Not open for further replies.

inlandpatch

Premium Subscriber
so i was monitoring OCCC and heard on the Dispatch to Dispatch channel that they have an alternate trunk channel? does anyone know what TGID it is or if its just their channel 2 and if its part of their main system? and FYI this is when their ch1 goes down, they just put a bolo out for possible ch1 are down for some agencies.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
so i was monitoring OCCC and heard on the Dispatch to Dispatch channel that they have an alternate trunk channel? does anyone know what TGID it is or if its just their channel 2 and if its part of their main system? and FYI this is when their ch1 goes down, they just put a bolo out for possible ch1 are down for some agencies.

If you were listening to DSP-DSP on talkgroup 27200 digital then it was probably a patch that includes multiple talkgroups involved on The Countywide system.

Usually the patch includes the following talkgroups.

151.0850 on VHF
There is usally a couple of talkgroups from The County Services like Animal Control and County Comms
Sometimes the RED talkgroup can be used too.

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
What you probably heard was the announcement/coordination of the periodic Failsafe/Failsoft test.

During these tests, agencies are moved to talkgroups on their non-primary cells for 15 or 20 minutes. This is done to keep systems users prepared for the unexpected loss of a cell or trunking functionality.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Some of the fire alternates are listed in the db. Control One will typically rattle off the trunked alternate assignments prior to the test, but most agencies probably already know what theirs is.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.