Orange County Fire Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
The frequencies that are listed are mostly local firegrounds and if it's a crossband repeater it's labeled as such. Middletown get's dispatched by the local PD, and county will dispatch any mutual aid calls for them.If it say's dispatch, it's independently.

mike4164

Premium Subscriber
The frequencies that are listed are mostly local firegrounds and if it's a crossband repeater it's labeled as such. Middletown get's dispatched by the local PD, and county will dispatch any mutual aid calls for them.If it say's dispatch, it's independently.

Middletown is dispatched by their own FD from their headquarters. ALL Orange County FD.'s are dispatched by the county EXCEPT for Middletown, Newburgh,West Point and Stewart ANG FD.The frequencies that are labelled as disp. are used by those departments to dispatch their own trucks AFTER the County dispatches them.Those departments will operate on that channel instead of the county channel and a dispatcher from that department,if available, will relay the necessary information to the county for that call from the units on scene to the county,for example if mutual aid is needed or if it is a working fire or the final disposition of the call and that all units are back in quarters.

Mike
Retired
FDNY/EMS HAZ-TAC

Last edited:

mrosen922

Is every agency on 154.205? in terms of Fire Paging that is.

Also I noticed that listed in the database under Battalions some channels are labeled as "Fire Dispatch" are these cross band repeaters or are these agencies independently dispatched? (not thru the county)

Orange County, New York (NY) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

There are few that dispatch themselves but majority of them remain on the 154.205 frequency such as Vails Gate FD, New Windsor FD by PD, Cornwall, Cornwall on Hudson by Cornwall PD, Greenwood Lake and City of Port Jervis which still dispatch on 154.205. Stewart Air Guard, West Point Military Academy and City of Newburgh dispatch themselves on different frequencies and Orange 911 can page them out on the County Paging Frequency which most likely sets off a plectron/alert system in their dispatch centers and then they dispatch there own units on there own dispatch frequency.

There is also Plattekill FD is also a department that has district in Town of Newburgh but is a Ulster County department and gets dispatched by Ulster 911.

Now i am sure you seen a few that say Fire Dispatch on the radio reference page. Cronomer Valley FD saids Fire Dispatch but it's actually a UHF Cross Patch to 154.205 that they can get there UHF radios alerted on, they actually do there own dispatch in house during calls which i don't get because there really duplicating the same info to Orange 911 as well. Same goes for many other departments in Orange County that have crosspatches to the 154.205 channel on the UHF Radios.

Hope that sheds some light. My own personal portable radio i have the Circleville Crosspatch of 154.205 and the radio alerts when my department tones go off. A lot of members are really impressive about that and want there radios to do the same but our Comms guy doesn't think it's necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.