Orange County FL / Metro 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
I always carry my SDS100 during my commute to work. When I left work, around 2:30 AM, I turned my radio on and monitored OCSO.
Aware that OCSO is mostly encrypted, I always take a listen on the PSAP talkgroup, and the ocassional unencrypted comm on their Metro or Detail channels.

To my surprise, Metro 8 came on, unencrypted, and it sounded like regular dispatch. Due to the time of night, traffic was extremely sparse and I couldn't get the hint as to where the traffic came from, before I arrived home.

Sometimes these channels are used for traffic details and coordinating between other LEO agencies but this time, it sure as heck sounded like dispatch.
I let the radio on the rest of the night, before turning to bed, recording. Hopefully the trend continues and I can get more calls recorded.

Did anyone happen to catch this?
Did some agency system conked out last night and reverted to the county TRS?

TIA.

zlandmedia

not that florida man

could be related to this

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Just had a chance to listen to what was recorded while I slept.
I was able to make out an address in Eatonville and units were referring to dispatch as "headquarters".
Even at around 2PM when I woke up and started to listen, traffic still very sparse, typical of small jurisdictions.
I looked up Eatonville and they seem to be riding on the Apopka TRS and Apopka have their own TRS so if they are indeed Eatonville, what are they doing on Orange County?

I have the radio stopped on Metro 8 to try and get to the bottom of this...

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Some of the Metros are not encrypted, the user doesn't have the ability to turn it on or off, its strapped to the talkgroup

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Some of the Metros are not encrypted, the user doesn't have the ability to turn it on or off, its strapped to the talkgroup
Interesting. Always thought encryption could be turned on/off at will.
Been listening since 2PM, maybe 1 or 2 transmissions. Haven't heard anything since.

Status
Not open for further replies.