Orange County Help with 996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

waltmapb

Feed Provider
I added a 996XT to my shack and can't seem to figure out how to program Orange County using FreeSCAN.
Is it a Motorola 800 Mhz Standard (Type II) or Motorola Custom/Rebanded Type II?
Is there an APCO 25 Band Plan ?

If its the rebanded type do I use the custom band plan on the East Central Florida Scanner website?

It sorta works as a 800 Mhz Standard but gets a lot of talk groups that are just static. If I try the Custom/Rebanded type it doesn't seem to track properly.

Phil

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you're talking about this system

Orange County Public Services (FL) Trunking System, Orlando, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

then see the FreeScan example in

Software Support for Uniden Rebanding

See the site type; note you will need a custom table. If you download from the database, FreeScan will set up the custom tables for you; but the article also gives you the values you will need if you choose to do it manually. Ignore the Apco band plan - it's a basically useless screen that was there for future use, but it seems, at least so far, no system uses it.

best regards...Mike

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I just looked at the custom band plan on the East Coast Florida site, and it is incorrect. The first base frequency should be 851.025, not 851.0125.

I don't know if the gentleman who runs that site is here, but I'm going to send him an email with the correction. Hopefully not too many folks have been lead a bit astray by this.

73 Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
OK the custom table has been fixed - but the custom table as shown is only good for Uniden scanners. RS and GRE models use a slightly different custom table.

Section 7 of the rebanding article in the wiki has links to all the necessary changes, if anyone needs them.

best regards..Mike

waltmapb

Feed Provider
Thanks - the settings are working.
If your talking about the East Central Florida site the frequency is still incorrect.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you looked at that site previously, do a page refresh or purge your history cache, and you'll see that it has been changed.

Glad to hear you got it working best regards..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.