Orange county law enforcement freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo81

Hey everyone first post.

I have a Pro-94 scanner which I use to monitor LA County Sheriff frequencies while in LA. My question is (1) Can I monitor Orange County law enforcement channels, as I have heard it is encrypted.
(2) If I can monitor it with that radio, what freqs do I use. I would like to monitor north county traffic.

I am new to this and these may be dumb questions to some but really, I have very little experience with this.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Kingscup

Feed Provider
All law enforcement agencies in Orange County have digital encrypted transmissions. There is no scanner out there that can or will be able to monitor them. It is against the law to decrypt encrypted transmissions so it is unlikely there will be a scanner made to listen to them.

cousinkix1953

I'll bet that this does not include the CHP or state parks. Whatever information is shared with the state of California is likely to be broadcast in ENGLISH. The secret gets out! Many trunked systems have analog FM links that permit the broadcasting of APB's on 154.920 mhz. Be sure to add this TGID to your system when you hear it.

One of those UC Irvine talk groups may provide plain English crime reports to be heard by the campus police too. Some of the other UC campuses have this in their Motorola systems to hear what's going around the area..

This is 2008. Th CHP is going after gang bangers on the streets of the big cities; because they just don't have enough officers to do it by themselves. Total encryption becomes problematic in this case. It's quite common in both San Francisco and Oakland. State park rangers will often respond to regular crime reports in areas surrounding their beats too...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.