Orange County Online Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerface27

too bad

craig good stream to bad all pd in oc is dig-enc. need to find away to listen that would be sweet. good thing is ur city pd corona, is still in 154\158's i live in the high desert and can pick them up all the way to the 138 before cajon then loose them. work in ontario

AnthemD2

I was wondering if anyone was having trouble connecting to this via MWP11 and Vista?

Thanks

cj5

More listeners

If you want more people to listen in, could you possibly stream this feed through shoutcast. MMS protocol doesn't work on any of Mac's players. And when i went to open the URL without mms:// in Itunes, it fails. Just a suggestion. You should also look into streaming OC stuff over one of the numerous TeamSpeak servers out there, like IncidentBroadcasts.com, and scannerbuffs.net. This would make your feed more readily available.

brandon

Database Admin
Try using VideoLAN to play any scanner feed from any platform. Then you can finally ditch bloatware such as iTunes or WMP11.

cj5

VideoLAN doesn't work either, LAME! Is the server down? It seems it can't connect.

access_mms: cannot connect to server
access_mms: error: HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable
main: no suitable access module for `mms://66.51.208.242:8080'

brandon

Database Admin
server is down and appears their forums have been taken over by spammers. bummer :(

Joecool_992

Ladera Ranch OC south???

I'm heading down to go visit my mom in Ladera Ranch and was wondering if I'm correct in that it is the OC sheriff south that covers the area. I've never tried a trunk in my scanner yet but first time for everything. Just want to make sure I'm going to download the correct groups.

brandon

Database Admin
Unfortunately Orange County Sheriff is encrypted, so there is no chance to monitor their dispatch operations
The Countywed RED talkgroup (50720) is worth plugging in for pursuits.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
There is a fire burning off Ortega Highway, someone in the comments section of the story at the OC Register was giving minute by minute updates via the online scanner. He managed to mention RR once or twice.

Wonder what it peaked at today...

tomasG

I go to school in OC and tried programming my mobile scanner for Orange County fire. At first I was hearing a lot when I was staying at my Mom's house, but I think I screwed up the programming. Is the list here accurate? I programmed it in and don't hear as much. My scanner is digital but I can't hear the police.

Also, if you can hear countywide are the other areas repeated on this cell as well? Or do I have to program all the cells? I don't think I can hear them all from Irvine with a small antenna and I can't put up an outside antenna anyway.

Thank you.

Mick

For Or. Co. Fire your scanner needs the frqs from Site 001 of the System Frequencies here:
Orange, County of (CCCS - Public Safety) Trunking System, Orange County, California - Scanner Frequencies

The majority of city police and sheriff channels are encrypted.

I go to school in OC and tried programming my mobile scanner for Orange County fire. At first I was hearing a lot when I was staying at my Mom's house, but I think I screwed up the programming. Is the list here accurate? I programmed it in and don't hear as much. My scanner is digital but I can't hear the police.

Also, if you can hear countywide are the other areas repeated on this cell as well? Or do I have to program all the cells? I don't think I can hear them all from Irvine with a small antenna and I can't put up an outside antenna anyway.

Thank you.

tomasG

That is the list that I used and I am not hearing as much. I also bought a frequency book and it has different frequencies in the book. You mentioned Site 001. I think I saw that it was Loma Ridge that overlooks Irvine. Are you saying that if I listen to just Countywide I'll hear the whole county? Or are only dispatches on Countywide and then tactical is done on the local cell for like San Clemente (example)?

Thank you for your help.

Mick

I am able to hear all of Or. Co. Fire TG's on the Countywide cell, site 001, as far as I know. The Web page I gave you is 100% accurate, there are no books that come close.

If you want to monitor something besides Or. Co. Fire let me know and I will point you to the correct TRS.

That is the list that I used and I am not hearing as much. I also bought a frequency book and it has different frequencies in the book. You mentioned Site 001. I think I saw that it was Loma Ridge that overlooks Irvine. Are you saying that if I listen to just Countywide I'll hear the whole county? Or are only dispatches on Countywide and then tactical is done on the local cell for like San Clemente (example)?

Thank you for your help.

tomasG

I am using a Uniden 785D and I cannot put up an outside antenna. I have a metal file cabinet that I am going to place a radio Shack mobile antenna on. But it's right next to my computer and I wonder if that will cause noise on the scanner.

So then the calls are simulcast on the local cells of the different areas but carried on Countywide? That would be really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.