Orange County P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

inlandpatch

Premium Subscriber
Noticed the other day that the new Orange County P25 system is now considered to be "deprecated"? does anyone know why the county has stopped the progress of the P25 system? is their going to be a full P25 system in the future? Also, does the tower in orange county P25 still work with the TGID listed in the DB.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
I believe that the P25 site was temporary/for testing. It didn't make sense to put that site where it was at as a permanent cell.
I am sure they are still planning on upgrading eventually, as they recently completed the SmartX upgrade, which enables the upgrade to P25.
"When?" Is the big question.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Noticed the other day that the new Orange County P25 system is now considered to be "deprecated"? does anyone know why the county has stopped the progress of the P25 system? is their going to be a full P25 system in the future? Also, does the tower in orange county P25 still work with the TGID listed in the DB.

I got a feeling to sniff out the 800 mhz public safety band last night and noticed that Orange County is back to testing their test P25 site again. Heard some talkgroups in the clear last night. Not sure if the project is back on the table again. Just an FYI if anybody else wants to listen in.

868.71250-primary control channel

oracavon

Thanks for the info. This is the only way I can get usable reception of Red channel, due to simulcast issues with the current system. I'm hoping they keep it going until the new system is up and running.

inlandpatch

Premium Subscriber
I got a feeling to sniff out the 800 mhz public safety band last night and noticed that Orange County is back to testing their test P25 site again. Heard some talkgroups in the clear last night. Not sure if the project is back on the table again. Just an FYI if anybody else wants to listen in.

868.71250-primary control channel

where is this tower located at? same spot as last time??

pepsima1

Banned
Thanks for the info. This is the only way I can get usable reception of Red channel, due to simulcast issues with the current system. I'm hoping they keep it going until the new system is up and running.

Curious about the Simulcast issues. Never heard of this issue in OC. What equipment are you using as well as aprox about where you live.

oracavon

Curious about the Simulcast issues. Never heard of this issue in OC. What equipment are you using as well as aprox about where you live.

Seriously? It's a big issue in OC. I'm sure I've seen posts of others talking about it.

I'm using a 996XT. I'm near Jamboree and Irvine Blvd, but I experience the same thing with mobile reception throughout OC. Location doesn't seem to make any difference.

I have various antennas in my attic, and I've also tried a whip antenna on the back of the radio. I have no problem with analog TGs, but I get too many P25 errors and the audio breaks up on the OC digital TGs. I've never been able to find a good combination of settings to get good P25 reception in OC, but I have no problem with P25 decoding on LA county systems, and no problem with the new OC system.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I thought we discussed simulcast issues about OC P25 a few months ago when we first discussed problems with the new x36HP decoding of P25 and adjusting the settings. I figured that because when I went to a paper clip antenna or RS-800/attenuation and things worked better, that simulcast was the issue.
If not, I don't understand why for me, OC P25 has always been a real problem with Uniden XTs, better with GRE/RS, but not perfect. Like Oracavon, don't have any real problems with LA County P25.
Regardless, with the 536HP/436HP on P25 threshold 10 and wait time 0 or 100 msec, been pretty good (better than GRE/RS).
Anyway, Pepsima1, thanks for info on the new frequencies and P25 system. Will start listening and see how things go.
Steve AA6IO

bigmattyl

Premium Subscriber
im glad the p25 is back up..

i havent had too many problems on the countywide cell for digital channels... RED, Animal Control, LAB Guards, some brea's public works, all do pretty well

the south cell, on the other hand, is where i have more problems with the digital decoding. Airport comms, mission viejo, etc.. can be shaky at times

I"m in aliso veijo

pepsima1

Banned
Wow interesting that you live in Aliso Viejo and you have trouble with the South Cell. You should not be having any issues, but you must live in a special area of interference that causes those issues. You are a special case.

bigmattyl

Premium Subscriber
the signal strengths are high, and i dont have any problem with the analog... its just the digital decoding that seems to have a problem.. interesting eh?

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.